Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edge theme - where in the css is the header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge theme - where in the css is the header?

I'm starting my first website with the Edge theme, based on the 'cool red' theme. So there is a big dark grey block at the top with a red menu bar underneath it.

Where abouts is the dark grey block defined though? I can't see anything obvious in the actinic.css

I did notice in the css though that it highlighted the pallette varibles (eg. pallette1, pallette2, pallette3 etc). I verified that the dark grey block is defined by the pallette1 colour, so I searched the css for "pallette1" hoping to find it that way - but I could only find one reference to that colour and it was for some text...

As a user of v7 I know that when you want to change something there are a variety of different places it can be hidden, and v11 looks the same - so whereabouts is the gray block defined...?
    John

It's bg.gif that contains the brown and red bars (and a tiny brown line at the bottom). Set via layout Edge Stylesheet.
    Code:
    body {
    	margin: 0px;
    	padding: 0px;
    	text-align: center;
    	background: <actinic:variable name="Palette3" /> url('bg.gif') repeat-x top;
    	font: 12px/20px Tahoma,Helvetica,sans-serif;
    	color: <actinic:variable name="TextColor" />;
    }
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

ok, so if I save the edge theme as a new theme "mywebsitetheme" is there a 'proper' place to edit the new theme stylesheet in actinic, or do I just find the file and edit it directly?
      John

Comment

You can edit the stylesheet by clicking on the Actinic Stylesheet button on the Design tab.

Comment

You shouldn't be editing files. Everything in modern Actinic is contained in the Library.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry, I misunderstood. I though when you said "edge stylesheet" is was a different css file to the actinic.css file...

The next problem is that my logo appears in the wrong place. I need to move it up and to the left, but I can't figure out where to do that.

This appears to be the relavent section, and I can move the logo up by change 18 to 0, but that's not far enough and padding can't be negative numbers.

So I assume I have to reduce the height, but then that moves everything else up. I'm not that great with css, so is there a way to move the logo up without everything else? Or moving everything up and adding something to shove everything else but the logo back down?

Code:
            /* Header Styles Starts */

.header-area{
            		height: 99px;
            		overflow: hidden;
            		padding: 8px 0 0 0;
            	}
            		.logo{
            			float: left;
            			padding: 18px 0 0 0; 
            		}
            John