Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can No Longer Click into Actinic Layouts

Hi,

I imagine this is somthing I have done however as of yesterday I can no longer click on a layout in the design view and it will take me to it in the code, I can also no longer double click on the layout in the code view and it will take me into it.

Have I accidently pressed a shortcut to change the way I view layouts? Or is this simply a bug. This happend to me on the previous version of actinic and I never solved it so figured id ask here incase im being stupid.

Thanks
    www.simonstaton.co.uk

Just a guess, but:

As you view the layout code, look just below where you have the buttons for Split View, Design View and Code View.
    There is a little button with a hammer and wrench symbol.
    Click on that and it brings up Code Editor Options.
    There is a box in there called Double Click Behavoiur.
    Try setting it to Navigates to Referenced Layout and see if that fixes it?

Comment

Wow Diamond! Your 6th post and you've pointed out something I never knew existed.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I never realised it was there either, but i did know it was in design > customise, nice to have some control over what occurs.

Comment

Didn't realise it was there either. Thanks for the tip.

However, it hasn't fixed the problem for me. And I have the blockif no preview around external code :-(
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

This can happen if the p_index.html in the PreviewHTML or DesignPreviewHTML is corrupted - delete and regenerate.

More likely is a borked layout - check for any unclosed tags or CSS using "position" which may not allow the selection.

Also try navigating to the parent layout using the small arrow buttons at the bottom of the code window and then try selecting from there.

You can also always use the library layout on the far right behind the content tab to navigate to the correct layout.

I find this happens with layouts I have added with jQuery scripts in there - especially script only layouts where there is nothing really to select but it seems to throw a spanner into the mix.

HTH

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Yet the obvious stuff sails straight past me

Comment

Working...
              X