Duplicate Sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate Sections

We have quite a lot of sections and they are currently listed alphabetically. I want to ‘duplicate’ a few of our most popular sections at the top of the section list as well as alphabetically (I’m using the ‘Silver’ theme at www.lawrence.co.uk/acatalog).

I know I can’t have duplicate section names, but I can get round that by adding a space at the end. All I need to do then is to change the duplicate section link to point to the original section (there are far too many subsections and fragments to think about using shortcuts).

For example, we have a section called ‘Printmaking’ and I have created a new section called ‘Printmaking_‘. How do I change the ‘Printmaking_’ link to point to the original ‘Printmaking’ section?

I do hope all this makes sense.

There was a very recent post on this subject, i replied with some ideas, have a search for that, it was very recent. You need to create a variable to fill out the page name and get the layout to use your variable as the link URL rather than the standard link.

Comment

This is what you need to do Waggers:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=52043

It does create a useless dummy page but the link to the original section works as you want it too...

Comment

Many thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X