Email address in Company Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email address in Company Field

Since upgrading to V11, we are getting some orders, about a quarter, where the customer's email address is in the field of their address that is for Company Name (optional), as well as being in the Email field. I can't work out why this should be, and why it is with some orders and not others. I don't know whether it is happening outside the control of the customer, or whether the customer is strangely typing their email address in that field, when nobody did previously. Any suggestions?

Sarah

That's too high a percentage to be people just making a mistake, especially as the two fields are not even close together in the checkout. I suspect this is an Actinic error but unfortunately can't help with why or what.

Comment

It does sound too high a percentage to be customer mistakes.

Possible things that come to mind are:

1. The 'remember me' cookie from earlier orders could be populating the wrong fields.

2. Autocomplete functions could be populating the wrong fields. I think we discussed this before and the fields could have better naming to help this.

3. Somehow Actinic is bringing the data into the wrong fields but I'd expect this to be wrong one way or the other rather than just occasionally.

The thing I'd do is check the field names against a V10 site to see if the names have changed.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm also seeing this.

The company field on our site is coded for sentence case (capitalising the first letter). If I enter an e-mail address manually into the company field I'll get Email@domain.co.uk.

The e-mail addresses I'm seeing don't have the first letter capitalised so I'm guessing that it's not a manual input.

Also, if the customer has created an account, the spurious e-mail address doesn't appear in the company field of the account.

Richard

Comment

Actinic have fix

Actinic have a fix for this problem, which involves deleting a few lines from two script files, which I have applied and it works fine. Contact support.

Sarah

Comment

It might be useful if the fix could be posted here? Saves lots of people having to go through support. Or maybe it could be added to the KB?
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Does anybody at all have any information relating to the fix please?

Comment

I think this might be fixed in 11.0.3. The release notes state:

The Company Name in orders from logged in customers is no longer set to the email address
                of logged-in user, AC11-1910

Comment

Ditto for me too - around the same number of orders/percentage
                  Steve Jordan
                  -----------------------------
                  Error 404 - Page not found

Sellerdeck V11.03 - Business - Actinic Payments -
                  Sage Accounts 50 V16 2012 Sellerdeck Link

Acacia Masonic Regalia Masonic Regalia Masonic Forum

Comment

Richard, thank you - I wasn't sure if v11.0.3 is ready for live sites yet (I have asked in another thread) so I haven't upgraded yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
                      Richard, thank you - I wasn't sure if v11.0.3 is ready for live sites yet (I have asked in another thread) so I haven't upgraded yet.
                      anymore info on wether this is now an upgrade or still a Beta ?

Comment

Tommy, I don't know.

The v11.0.3 Beta thread doesn't give any indication that v11.0.3 is ready for live sites, and I haven't received a reply in my other thread (to which I referred above). Additionally, the Downloads page of the SellerDeck website still states that v11.0.3 shouldn't be used on a live site.

However, I have just found this. I haven't heard of the GetSatisfaction website before, although I can now see a link to it in the v11.0.3 Beta thread. Does anybody know why there is an additional community discussion website for SellerDeck? I can understand the need for a separate thread, but why on a separate site? Bruce Townsend mentions that the GetSatisfaction forum is an open forum but I don't understand - isn't this forum an open forum? In addition, you can log in with your Facebook ID - but I don't understand why that would be enough of a reason to have separate information on a whole different site? On that site the most recent update was posted just one day ago by Bruce - albeit not a statement that v11.0.3 was ready but still, it seems odd to see another site contains more up-to-date information relating to the progress of v11.0.3 than this one and the SellerDeck website put together!!

Comment

Get Satisfaction has been used for a long time and is used for feedback for testing of beta releases. it allows people involved in the beta (both public and Sellerdeck) to focus on issues that are reported without having to monitor this forum.

11.0.3 is not yet released and the build version may change. It is however a very stable release but it has not been released for production/live use yet. When it goes live it will be announced in this community.

Comment

Hi Duncan, thank you for the explanation. I will bookmark that site then and keep checking back on the beta progress, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                            X