blank box with a red cross in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

blank box with a red cross in

why is it some new products i have put on website on my coputer they are showing fine but on other peoples they are blank boxes with a red cross in the left top corner

Please give specific example URLs so we can see the code and any problems.

Comment

The image for that product is not where you say it is and you are getting the missing image sign. Add the image to the product again.

Comment

if i refreshed website would that put things right ?

Comment

Any images you add should be in the relevant [sitename] folder of the Sites folder. If they aren't, you have to add them as "Additional Files" so that they are uploaded when you publish the website.

So you need to check the products you have added and look at the paths of the images.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

where do i find additional files sorry for being (well you may call it thick )but i am having to learn now as i have been left to do it all

Comment

Hi Janet. You normally wouldn't need to specify any additional files for a product. Can you give us a link to a page which has this problem so we can see what's causing it.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Make sure all images used on the site are stored in your site1 folder (in my documents) or a sub folder within that folder. Point to the image in that location on each product, fragment or section. Upload the site. That is all that you need to do.

Comment

http://www.jgdcrafts.com/acatalog/Cr...ed_Stamps.html
                  this is the link

Comment

All the images look fine to me.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

so strange mike just sent that link from my partners laptop and there was no images there but you can see them i really dont understand

Comment

I suspect that the images are in CMYK colour format instead of RGB. Open them in an image editor (even Paint will do) and then resave them and they should then work.

Internet Explorer will not display images with CMYK colour format, only in RGB format. Firefox and other browsers however can display either. This explains why some can see them and others can't.

Comment

thanks Duncan will i be able to do that in photoshop

Comment

Yes. Just check that the image mode is RGB and then save for web.

Try one and drag it into Internet Explorer and you will see if it is correct or not.

Comment

i see it says sRGB so is that correct

Comment

Working...
                              X