Where is the .css file???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the .css file???

I started with an edge themed site and made some changes to the stylesheet in actinic. At some point I seem to have lost the search bar at the top (it is visable in the design screens, but not in the preview or in a browser).

I'm attempting to 'back out', as I don't want to start again completely from scratch, but I have two problems...

1) I can't find the original css file to compare to (and indeed test to see if it was even working in the first place before i messed with it)
    2) I can't even find the current css file! Actinic opens the file internally without any apparent reference to what the file is called. I've even searched the actinic and site directories looking for any file containing a keyword in the file and I can't find anything...

Does actinic somehow "internalise" the css file? or is it just in some funny directory somewhere?

I've looked in the theme directory and it seems while some themes have a theme.css file others, including Edge, don't...
    John

There's a master stylesheet, available to view on the design tab, either by using the button on the toolbar or the dropdown list. In addition there are theme specific css sheets, they exist in a group within the design library, by using the tickboxes it will show you layouts that have been changed, you can then right click on those layouts and choose either 'revert' or 'compare'. V11 has been converted to have a 'core styles' css sheet which contains styles used across all themes, plus a theme specific css sheet. These are merged into one large css sheet online.

You can also highlight a css class being used in a layout, right click on it and do a 'look up'. A fab feature so you can be taken to the specific class in the appropriate css(most of the time, it can be a bit flaky occasionally).

If you don't want to risk having to start again or redo a number of changes, take regular snapshots before and after you do major changes. Worth their weight in gold for situations like now.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      they exist in a group within the design library, by using the tickboxes it will show you layouts that have been changed, you can then right click on those layouts and choose either 'revert' or 'compare'.
      Thanks, that's very useful...
      John

Comment

Working...
      X