Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling a Product singularly, or by the case.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling a Product singularly, or by the case.

Hi All,

We have a client that sells Wine.

They would like to give their customers the option to buy by the Case of 6 or 12 (as well as individual units)

Ideally we would like a drop down list (Singles / Case of 6 / Case of 12) and then the Quantity selection under this.

I am playing around with the Components function. I create a component, call it Case of 6, enter the price and the quantity used. In the layout tab I have selected Permutation Drop Down List.

The issue is that these are appearing on the page as check boxes, rather than a drop down list...

Also, to order the product singularly, have this option in the drop down, would I have to create the Single bottle as a component as well?

Or is there a better way of doing this?

Cheers

Read the inbuilt help on permutations and how to set them up. You can also use the 'product options' wizard.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Read the inbuilt help on permutations and how to set them up. You can also use the 'product options' wizard.
      Indeed Lee The first thing I did.

Hmmm, I keep reading and trying things, but I cant get it to show a Permutations Panel, as it describes in the help files.

I right click on a Wine - and create a new component called Case of 6.
      I select quantity as 6.
      Is optional
      No associated product as not relevant.
      I enter the price for the component.

On the Layout tab the Permutation bit is greyed out.

How do I get to the hallowed Permutations Tab as mentioned in the Help files?

Being dim here.....

Comment

Sounds like you are completely missing off attributes and choices, which are about 80% of the requirement, at least you got 20% correct. Read again and look at the pretty pictures lol.

Comment

...reading further......

Comment

Working...
          X