Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal seller protection

Hi,

We have had a recent issue with PayPal, whereby we are not receiving Seller Protection on orders processed by them, apparently due to Actinic not passing on the relevant addressing details, according to PayPal.

It seems crazy that there is a 'protection' scheme being offered, that we as Actinic users are unable to use.

I have found several threads on this topic:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=8162 - 2004

and more recently, although still 9 months old:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=50005.

I can see that there is a coding workaround, which is better than nothing, but still lets customers change addresses at the PayPal checkout and circumvent the security measures.

Is anyone able to advise whether this is still an issue yet to be addressed (from 2004), or whether it is insummountable and I will have to use the workaround (albeit incomplete as it is)?

I notice from the threads above, there was little comment from Actinic themselves; it'd be good to hear some comments.

Thanks in anticipation,

Dan
    The Garden Superstore - No1 for Plant Pots and Gardening Supplies.

We've been using the code change for a year now. We also have wording on the site saying we will ignore any address changes made by customers on the PayPal payment pages.
    So far, fingers crossed, a) the code works well and b) no chargebacks (apart from one idiot who paid us directly in the end).
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Jules,

Thanks for that. I saw your post last year and will have to follow your example, if there's nothing better or in the pipeline.

Just seems strange, that this has been a problem for so long and no solution has been forthcoming with new versions etc.

It's the finger crossing that get a bit worried on, although it's better than the situation that we're currently in!

Thanks again,

Dan
      The Garden Superstore - No1 for Plant Pots and Gardening Supplies.

Comment

Working...
      X