Hide attribute choice from a customer group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hide attribute choice from a customer group

I am trying to hide an attribute choice from a customer group.

1. I have made a true/false variable place of setting 'choice' initial/top level values 'false' and wrapped a blockif round the Radio Permutation Button Entry (<actinic:variable name="Hide" /> == false) and selecting true for one of the choices does nothing. Interestingly <actinic:variable name="Hide" /> == true hides the whole list!

2. I have tried using the 'valid' option in permutations thinking we could use that for show/hide to customer group 2 if I put the blockif at the beginning of Radio Permutation Button Entry into code thus:
    Code:
    <Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule Schedules="2" HTML="<actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PermutationIsValid%22%20%2f%3e" >"></Actinic:ShowForPriceSchedule>
    This don't work neither!

So, why doesn't the Hide variable in choice work in Radio Permutation Button Entry? Why doesn't the blockif get hidden by the expression in 2 above? can you make another tick box in the permutations of component details to show/hide???

http://www.graphicz.eu.com/site1/aca...of-String.html

Thank you.
    Last edited by graphicz; 28-Jan-2012, 11:07 AM. Reason: Typo
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

So many questions and answering them all would need a many page tutorial on how Permutation Lists operate. Can't do that so here are some brief areas for you to investigate.

1) You cannot use Choice variables directly within Permutation Row layouts. You have to create a new Permutation Choice List layout that contains the Choice variable that you want to use. Easiest way to do this is to go to Design / Library / Layouts / Permutation Choice List, right-click Permutation Choice Name List and choose Copy. Rename that copy "Permutation Choice Hide List" and amend it to use your "Hide" Choice variable instead of the ChoiceDisplayLabel one.

2) Now use that layout Permutation Choice Hide List within the Radio Button Permutation Entry. Before using it in a Condition, simply display it next to the button so you can see if it works or not.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick reply Norman. I will try that and post the result.
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer

Comment

Although the 'Permutation Choice List layout' is in the Design Library I cannot locate it in the layout.
        I have:
        <actinic:variable name="ComponentList" />

<actinic:variable name="ComponentLayout" />

<actinic:variable name="ComponentAttributeList" />

<actinic:variable name="PermutationLayout" />(Permutation radio button list)

<actinic:variable value="Radio Button Permutation Entry" name="PermutationRow" />

Sorry to be slow
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

The Permutation Choice List items are within Radio Permutation Button Entry.

Why not experiment, rather than posting. Display your new variable (before trying it in a Condition) and see what happens.

Comment

Putting the block round the Permutation Choice Name certainly works, but it leaves the radio button and price still displaying. I have been unable to get the block to work round those.

Thanks
            Jonathan Chappell
            Website Designer

Comment

Look at your own screenshot above. Do you see Actinic using Choice Name? No! It's using Permutation Choice Name which is a member of Permutation Choice List.

Can't help if you choose to ignore my post #2.

Comment

Please can any developers give a solution either inside or outide the forum to hiding a permutation based on a hidden product from a logged in customer group? I would be very grateful for some advice.
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer

Comment

A solution to this issue has been devised by the excellent Chris Dicken who can be contacted at http://randomriver.net/
                  Jonathan Chappell
                  Website Designer

Comment

Working...
                  X