Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

block if + PageTitle condition fails on upgrade

Hi folks
    I've got a ticket open with support but I'm not expecting a quick response so thought I'd see if any of you ninjas had any ideas.

Just upgraded from v9 to v11 and for some reason none of my block if conditions that are reliant on the PageTitle variable are working now. So if the condition is 'If the page title is "The Pretty Dress Company | Size Chart" display the size chart layout' as below:
    Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22PageTitle%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20%22The%20Pretty%20Dress%20Company%20%7c%20Size%20Chart%22">
    <actinic:variable name="TermsAndConditions" value="Size Chart" />
    </actinic:block>
    Then it should (and does in v9) display our size chart brochure page.

It doesn't in v11 though – if I select the brochure page in the content tree in both design preview and single page preview it just displays the outer page layout with a blank innerlayout (this is the same for all my brochure pages and on upload to the test site there’s no change)

The same was true for a couple of blocks on my homepage which loaded a couple of jquery scripts (CSS and JS) and html – as soon as I removed the condition the slideshow and gallery worked fine but if I put it back (again using the pagetitle as the test variable) it fails.

Also the checkout pages; while fine in design preview when I go to preview single page I get the same empty innerlayout problem.

The company name is correct in business settings (I saw there was a bug with this when I searched the community) and all the layouts I’m testing for are all present and correct so I’m stumped.

Any ideas what I’m missing dear community?

Thanks in advance

Mick
    The Pretty Dress Company

Try removing the pipe, see if that is the issue. Alternatively to save time, create a true/false variable, false as default and set to true on the page in question. Then have your blockif evaluating whether true or not, i'd suggest this is a better way anyway instead of using the title variable. Actinic have changed the default title formula, i expect you are falling foul of that, so as mentioned use something of your own, no problems ever then.

Comment

Thanks Lee - that works a treat so far (removing the pipe made no difference but the true/false variable did) , just the checkout issue to solve now!
      The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

I get erratic cart and checkout layouts, heaven knows what it is, have you tried scrolling down the page, mine gets screwed up and moves down the bottom into a place where you'd not expect it.

Comment

Erratic is the word! Now when I go to preview any of the checkout pages, receipt page or bounce pages the site homepage comes up - it did this a few times yesterday (instead of the empty inner layout) as well. Scrolling made/makes no difference either... hopefully support can find the fault
          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            I get erratic cart and checkout layouts, heaven knows what it is, have you tried scrolling down the page, mine gets screwed up and moves down the bottom into a place where you'd not expect it.
            I've noticed this as well but only in the inbuilt preview browser. It's fine in the "live" browser.
            I was able to fix it somewhat by changing the preview browser (Site Options > Layout > Embedded Preview Compatibility) from IE=9 to IE=8 but it does display fine in IE9 itself (on internet, rather than through Actinic, I mean) so I'm not sure what Actinic's problem with it is.
            Tracey

Comment

Yeah mine is fine in live browser too, the cart page is really quite bizarre, rows of the cart just bugger off down the page and do anything they want for me, it's certainly ain't what i'd call a preview lol.

Comment

I can't externally preview any pages other than brochure and section. It just jumps to the homepage and shows that in the external preview. Most frustrating.

Comment

You little f+++++g beauty, that sorted it, been driving me bonkers that has. Actinic preview is knackered with IE9 it would appear. Cheers!

Comment

I'm just glad it wasn't just me who was experiencing it!
                    It did rather freak clients out too lol
                    Tracey

Comment

The preview when IE9 is installed alongside Actinic seems really unpredictable (unless you tell it behave as IE8), and seems to cause all sorts of quirks. Preview in XP with IE8 is fine...
                      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Doesn't work for me in IE8 on W7. I can't preview any pages other brochure and section pages.

Comment

IE8 with W7 fix doesn't work for me either on the single page preview - but am glad that it works ok in design preview and on upload to test site.
                          The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

I wouldn't know if it worked or not re. the failure to actually preview any other pages.
                            It's not something I've experienced.
                            I just knew it fixed (for me, at least) the problem with the internal preview of checkout pages
                            Tracey

Comment

The same as Steve in post #11, we found all the checkout pages were borked in V11 (W7), but changing IE=9 to IE=8 sorted it out.
                              Settings|Site Options|Layout|Embedded Preview Compatibility
                              Kind Regards
                              Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                              X