Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit template without opening Actinic

Hello,

Is it possible to edit the actinic templates, namely the metatag layout without opening Actinic?

I placed a piece of PHP in it which has caused Actinic to nolonger open. I have a backup from Friday but I would rather not revert to this when I know what the issue is.

For reference my mistake was to place the SectionImageFileName variable directly within a PHP basename function, I had the shortnames turned on so didn't see the inverted commas surrounding the variable name, i.e

Code:
    echo basename("<actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName " />").PHP_EOL;
    This has caused Actinic to freeze and I can nolonger open it. If there are alternative ways around the issue I'm all ears.
    Regards,

Guy

Lead Developer - Lock Shop Warehouse
    Offering discounted padlocks, and a huge range from the best door lock suppliers, all alongside other essential security products.

Take a backup of the database then open in Access and look in the DesignObjects table. Search under field sName for the layout you want then sMarkupCode should contain the layout code.

Comment

If using Actinic Variables within PHP as strings, then the best code is e.g:
      Code:
      echo basename('<actinic:variable name="SectionImageFileName " encoding="perl" selectable="false" />');
      Note the single quotes around the variable. These used in conjunction with encoding="perl" make the variable safe if it contains quote characters. E.g. a variable containing O'Reilly 6" Nails will expand as O\'Reilly 6" Nails and will be valid within single quoted string 'O\'Reilly 6" Nails'

And selectable="false" tells Actinic not to add additional code (that helps actinic detect you clicking it) to this variable when in the Design Tab. Such code causes PHP errors when in the Design Tab.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Guys,

Thank you both for your help.

Duncan, really appreciate you pointing me to that, saved me alot of time rehashing work that I had already completed.

Norman, cheers for the pointers, I'll certainly be setting the encoding parameter in future, I really need to make sure I've checked things through before I hit that apply button.

All the best for the remainder of, what turns out to be, a rather pleasant weekend.
        Regards,

Guy

Lead Developer - Lock Shop Warehouse
        Offering discounted padlocks, and a huge range from the best door lock suppliers, all alongside other essential security products.

Comment

Working...
        X