X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injection attack--actinicextras.js?Dayno=masa

Looking through my Actinic website logs I'm getting the following

Code:
    xxx.xxx.106.254 - - [27/Feb/2012:19:08:06 +0000] "GET /shop/theme.css HTTP/1.1" 304 176 "http://www.nippergrip.com/shop/catalog.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)"
    xxx.xxx.106.254 - - [27/Feb/2012:19:08:06 +0000] "GET /shop/actiniccore.js?DAYNO=MASA HTTP/1.1" 304 153 "http://www.nippergrip.com/shop/catalog.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)"
    xxx.xxx.106.254 - - [27/Feb/2012:19:08:06 +0000] "GET /shop/actinicextras.js?DAYNO=MASA HTTP/1.1" 304 153 "http://www.nippergrip.com/shop/catalog.html" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; InfoPath.2)"
    If I goto the pages references there are scary scripts....

Code:
    var bPageIsLoaded = false;
    /***********************************************************************
    * setCookie -	Generic Set Cookie routine
    * Input: sName	 -	Name of cookie to create
    *	 sValue	 -	Value to assign to the cookie
    *	 sExpire -	Cookie expiry date/time (optional)
    * Returns: null
    ************************************************************************/

function setCookie(sName, sValue, sExpire) 
        {
        var sCookie = sName + "=" + escape(sValue) +"; path=/";	// construct the cookie
        if (sExpire)
        	{
        	sCookie += "; expires=" + sExpire.toGMTString();	// add expiry date if present
        	}
        document.cookie = sCookie;					// store the cookie
        return null;
        }
    etc etc etc

and

Code:
    /***********************************************************************
    * getCartItem		-	Gets the Actinic Cart Value & No of Items
    * Input: nIndex	-	Cart item index to retrieve
    *							1 = TOTAL_VALUE
    *							3 = CART_COUNT
    * Returns:				Requested cart item or 0 (zero) if not found
    ************************************************************************/

//CART_CONTENT = Cookie name
    //1 = TOTAL_VALUE
    //3 = CART_COUNT

var PASSWORD_MATCH_ERROR = "Passwords do not match.";

function getCartItem(nIndex)
    	{
    	var act_cart= getCookie("CART_CONTENT")
    	var sTemp =(act_cart != null) ? sTemp=act_cart.split("\t"):0;
    	return (sTemp.length > 0) ? sTemp[nIndex] : 0;
    	}
    Is this right?

Seems to me that the scripts could be used for some form of URL injection attack as looking at them I can see the password validation logic, shopping cart functions, payment processing logic etc etc.

J/.
    www.nippergrip.com
    Get a Handle on your kids

Don't panic! There are essential and benign JavaScripts. There's nothing wrong with them.

What you refer to as password validation logic is just code running when a form is submitted and comparing the 2 password entries (Type a password / Type it again) and alerting if they're not the same. Saves a trip to / from the server for a simple test. Hardly site killer stuff.

This isn't Hollywood where someone types frantically for about 5 seconds and manages to create a virus that can wipe out an entire interstellar faring species.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

We (Actinic) do take security very seriously and having been in the game for nearly 16 years we have a lot of experience.

At this point in time we are not aware of any security flaws in our code, provided you are on the latest release.

Chris

Comment

Thanks Chris that's always reassuring to hear statements like that.

This isn't Hollywood where someone types frantically for about 5 seconds and manages to create a virus that can wipe out an entire interstellar faring species.
        That one always amuses me Norman: "hero writes virus that fatally crashes a totally alien computer OS beyond all redemption", if the aliens are advanced enough to get to Earth surely they would have a self repairing computer OS, or it would be so alien we would need a lifetime to try and understand it?
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X