Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Error Message

Hi,

I am new to Actinic so haven't quite got the hang of some of the concepts.

I am getting the following error :-

"The 'TaxInclusivePrice' variable has been placed within the 'CSS Product Layout' layout but it won't work there"

when I try to use TaxInclusivePrice for the Product page but I can use it two levels higher when I am showing multiple products for the same artist. The layout I have is something like

Genre
    Artist (TaxInclusivePrice works OK here)
    Album
    Album Product (TaxInclusive Price doesn't work here)
    Album
    Album Product
    Artist
    etc.

Can anyone explain what's going on ?

Thanks

Perhaps you are altering layouts, when all you need to be changing is the price layout selected in site options as it is controlled in there? Revert your layouts back to factory standard in the design library (right click on them) and undo your changes.

Genre, artist, album, artist album etc. means very little to most of us when explaining your site structure, much better to talk in actinic logic so we get the idea ie, section, subsection, product, fragment etc.

As ever a URL so we can actually see the problem is always helpful too.

Comment

Lee,

Thanks I will try that out later. I noticed that if I do "Insert Variable" at the Section Level, TaxInclusivePrice is visible but when I do "Insert Variable" at the Product Level it is not available.

Could you please explain to me why that is ?

Thanks

Comment

I can't to be honest, because it should be the exact opposite of what you are saying. My instinct says you have your terminologies wrong, can you provide a screenshot perhaps? OR you are inserting it into a layout that you are not using, can you type your name into the same layout and see it for example? I expect not, if you can't the area you are looking at is not using the layout that you think it is.

Comment

Working...
        X