Cart Thumbnail for Associated Product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cart Thumbnail for Associated Product

I have a product, with permutations linked to associated products for stock control purposes.

I have hidden the orderline for the main product. Yet when adding the product to the cart no thumbnail images appear.

Thumbnails within the cart are selected and appear for products without permutations.

Any ideas why the image for the associated product doesnt appear in the cart?

Thanks in advance

Ben
    Ben Adcock
    Caged Fish Web Design

Have you added images to the hidden products, if you have then it would point to the main product only showing a thumbnail and thus as you have hidden that, probably not going to happen.

Comment

cheers lee, yes all the associated products have images but as you say unless the 'do not show orderline for mainproduct' is unticked it won't show an image.

Annoying thing is i'm upgrading a clients site from 9 - 11 and somehow they got this working in 9 (with the orlderline hidden)

Ben
      Ben Adcock
      Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

I think on older versions Ben, you had to define thumbnails against the product to be used, the new v11 method does not do that and uses a resized product image, i suspect that is the issue.

Comment

Thanks for the info lee.
          Ben Adcock
          Caged Fish Web Design

Comment

Before you spend to long adding images to your products, I am afraid that it isn't possible to get images for associated products into the shopping cart. Whatever image fields you populate.

It used to work in v9, but doesn't work in v10 or v11. It would be great if it did though.
            Jethro

TridentUK.com, the yacht and dinghy shop on the web

Comment

Working...
            X