Exclude pages from uploading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclude pages from uploading

Is there any way to prevent specific pages from uploading or set the intervals?

I have a site which uses a script to show specific filtered products which may a user variable - this searches through the database and populates the page with the products. All works fine.

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=51998

On one site there are circa 30,000 products which grinds Actinic to a crawl when uploading minor changes as all 75 or so filtered pages are generated afresh.

So - is there a way to exclude specific pages from being generated all the time as we can with the new arrivals - daily / weekly etc?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Hello John

I have added this to our wish list. Thank you for bringing this up

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Krithika - I guess this not available at the moment then? Any ideas about hacking the database to exclude uploads temporarily?

Bikster

Comment

Jonty, try an upload and then the hide on website option and then another upload, pretty sure this used to leave the 'old' page on the server and not remove it. You can just unhide the page when it needs updating.

Comment

Ooo - could be worth a shot - will try that after the next upload

Bikster

Comment

It definitely sounds worth a try to me.

I'll be interested to hear if this stops the pages being generated or just stops them being uploaded.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hide on website pages always used to stay on server, if they had first been uploaded without the hidden option selected. Hopefully it has not changed.

Comment

Nothing has changed as far as I know, when a page is uploaded it does not get removed even if later set to hidden, it just does not get generated again nor uploaded again. It does however get removed from navigation.

Comment

Working...
                X