Potential Delivery Bug Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potential Delivery Bug Issue

While sorting a bug issue out today, I've noted that within INVOICE DELIVERY COUNTRY LIST the code for BEFORE SINGLE ITEM IS SET TO:

<input type="hidden" id="lstInvoiceCountry" name="LocationInvoiceCountry"

On initial impression this looks like a typo? As an INPUT tag must be closed with an /> to make the code be:

<input type="hidden" id="lstInvoiceCountry" name="LocationInvoiceCountry" />

Now am I right? Or does this TAG get closed somewhere within the code? I've noted other versions of older Actinic have the same code. Does this mean I'm wrong and it's not a typo bug?

As the tag is hidden you wouldnt seen the effect either way, but would welcome your thoughts.

Hi Garry

I had a quick look at this myself. I'm not certain what the explanation is TBH, but the layout is enclosed in red Actinic tags, which usually means some processing happens when the page is generated. That may be when the tags are closed.

Bruce
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Don't worry. It's correctly terminated by the single Country entry via the following code:
      Code:
      <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22IsOneElementList%22%20%2f%3e%20%20%3d%3d%20true">
       value="<actinic:variable name="CountryCode" />" /><Actinic:Variable Name="RegionName"/>
      </actinic:block>
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Guys.

I only questioned it as have an Actinic bug which is stripping away the HTML from the start and end of the list for the Country Dropdown List since converting a site from V10 to V11.

Comment

which is stripping away the HTML from the start and end of the list
          I've seen that too (but not on the Layout you mention). Occasionally on List Layouts, I've seen the main Layout Code contents stay in place but everything in the List Layout Settings pane disappears. A real nuisance to say the least!

Once it has happened, it seems to "stick" on that site and any attempt to re-import the affected layout end up with the List Layout Settings pane values emptied again.
          Norman - www.drillpine.biz
          Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

@Norman I discovered a fix to that issue by simply making a design snapshot with only the layouts that break / buggy from a default site, and then import them into the site with the bug. It fixes the issue

Comment

Working...
            X