No announcement yet.

Anyone having problems with Dell computers with windows 7 and actinic v10-V11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone having problems with Dell computers with windows 7 and actinic v10-V11

As the title says
    Chris Ashdown

Chris, are you experiencing a problem on a 64 bit machine?

Chris

Comment

I think so, just brought vospro 260's with i3 processors and 4 gig never looked if 32 bit or 64 but nearly certan it is 64 bit, i got 5 to replace the old xp computers which are past their best.

Trouble is having major problems connecting two into the system even with great help from Jenny in support
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Come join us (that is if your having the same problems)......

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=51454

TON

Comment

On our actinic runs ok untill you open a order and then complains of loosing sync, jenny solved it but latter came back

Second computer just will not find the sites folder on the server, but may well have the same sync problem but just not got that far

also installed actinic to sage line 50 link to 2012 and cannot find files under business settings same as my other post

Not a good couple of days so far, all the other xp machines running as normal

Hope chris has a fix in the morning
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

How we fixed the connection to Actinic Sync Server

Hey, So that everyone is aware. They way we fixed the connection to the Actinic Synchronization Server was to do the following:

- Switch the desktops to use the Ethernet Cable, rather than the wireless connection to the internet.
            - Allowed the ports, 4374 and 4374 (Version 10 Sync Ports) through the Windows Firewall (for version 11 you will need ports: 54375 and 54376)
            - Switch off User Account Control (if you are on Windows 7 or Vista)
            - Check that the Databases in your site folders have the correct IP address for the PC/Server running the sync server.
            - compact and repaired the databases.
            - removed all the text documents that were in the site folders, that were called: OriginalDesign*.txt
            - checked had the correct Licence Keys in the user machines.
            - when pointing the user machine to the main machine database, we used the full network path, rather than going via a mapped drive.

Jenny
            Jennifer Bray

Projects Co-Ordinator
            SellerDeck Ltd

Comment

Working...
            X