general user definable field ad customer accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

general user definable field ad customer accounts

in v10 I have twogeneral user definable fields that people are forced to complete. I've now upgraded to v 11 and people who set up customer accounts don't encounter these two fields, but I still wnat the answers to the two questions. Is there anyway i can achieve that?

thanks

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Morning Jane

I tried your scenario in a v10 site upgraded to v11, however I am unable to replicate the issue. I get the user definable fields (marked as required) during checkout as an unregistered customer, or creating an account on the go or as a logged in customer too.
    Am I missing something? Is there a URL where we can see this happening?

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

sorry about the delay in replying - I'm recovering from flu and only firing on one cylinder.

The user defined fields do not even appear when you register as a customer. Nor do they appear if you order without registering as a customer.

Jane
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Morning Jane

I tried placing a test order on your site and I see what you mean. I suggest contacting Actinic support so someone can have a look at your site snapshot to investigate further.

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I have just spoken to Actinic technical support and it seems that because we removed the field Any Special Delivery Instructions when we upgraded to v11. (We did this because we use Actinic Link to import invoices into Sage and the special instructions don't get transferred to the Sage invoice).

Switching On the Any Special Delivery Instructions field (in Design>Text> Shipping & Tax> Delivery Address prompt) has brought back to the two fields I want.

Actinic are going to sort it out so that I can have the two fields I wnat without having the Any Special Delivery Instructions field visible.
          Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Forgot to say - thanks to everyone who tried to help me with this.
            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Working...
            X