Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using Actinic Top Level Section List in non Actinic pages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Actinic Top Level Section List in non Actinic pages...

Hello

Is it possible to put some coding into our non-Actinic php pages that gets the section list from the Actinic pages and uses it to create a nav menu similar to what is displayed on the Actinic shop pages?

I would like to put the shop nav menu on our home page, but that is designed outside of Actinic and although I could do it manually, it would be more efficient for it to generate itself (so I don't have to remember to update it when the shop changes).

Thanks for any help!

Is there some reason why you can't replace your external pages with brochure pages in Actnic?

Comment

It's just how we built the site, and it gives us more flexibility at present. We have sub-folders that are part of the site which have different navigation as well.

Comment

There are several methods to do this.
        As these pages are PHP I'd recommend creating a new,blank overall layout in Actinic which generates the HTML for the navigation menu (i.e. copy code, lists, conditions etc from the normal actinic layouts) and allocate to an empty brochure page that is not used or linked to.
        Actinic will then generate and upload this HTML file.

Now in your PHP you can simply perform a server side include of the contents of this HTML file.

Each time you change your structure in Actinic it will update the file as well and hence the non-Actinic pages.
        Beware and ensure your href paths in your links are relative to the relevant destination page(s)!
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
        X