Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum quantities & multiples

Hi.

Actinic provided me with a script change a few years ago and now I have upgrade to V11 it has been wiped. They wont help me now

I need help.

We used to have it set up that if someone ordered a line that the minimum quantity of say 100, they could only order in multiples of the same amount.

Now they did provide the script previously, but they now seem not to want to give it to me.

Can anyone advise me what I need to change to get this to work?

Help as always is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Sounds like it may have been a hack to the Perl files.

When you install/upgrade to V11 new perl files are used, hence it being "wiped".
    The good news is that if you still have your old version of Actinic installed you should also still have the old Perl files as well.
    The bad news is you would have to look for the modification they sent you and then reapply this to the relevant V11 Perl file(s).
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
      Sounds like it may have been a hack to the Perl files.

When you install/upgrade to V11 new perl files are used, hence it being "wiped".
      The good news is that if you still have your old version of Actinic installed you should also still have the old Perl files as well.
      The bad news is you would have to look for the modification they sent you and then reapply this to the relevant V11 Perl file(s).
      Thanks for your reply.

However, I did used to have an email from them telling me what to do, but we lost alot of emails during a server crash, hence the forum post!

Bad news is, we upgraded a couple of months ago and cannot revert back.

Ill sit, wish and hope!

Comment

Originally posted by safetyindustrie View Post
        Bad news is, we upgraded a couple of months ago and cannot revert back.
        A common misunderstanding.
        When you upgrade Actinic does not DELETE or MOVE the old website. Only you can do that. Even uninstalling the old software can leave behind the site folder.
        Failing that you should still keep snapshot backups of your old site. You could simply reinstall the old version, import a snapshot, and compare the perl files between the 2 versions......

Still some hope here....

Also, I'd start looking in OrderScript.pl as a start. Others on here have a better knowledge of Perl so they may be able to direct you more specifically.
        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

When Actinic upgrades to a new version it prompts about any customised Perl scripts or Javascripts it found in the old site, it also creates backups of your customisations which have been overwritten and gives you a file path to the log file.

Even though you upgraded a while ago you should still have the log file on your computer in your Site1 installation folder.

The file is called "ScriptUpgrades".. followed by the version number.

If you open that log file it shows:

"Actinic Site Upgrader, Script changes log
          Upgrade of scripts from version xx
          To version xx"

Below that it gives a file path to the backup of the old customised script "User Modified script".

It will also detail changes under the heading: "Differences between old script and user modified script".

You then need to open and compare the old user modified script with the new script (easier to do with a program such as ExamDiff), then copy across the customised code section.
          Peblaco

Comment

Darn it...we dont seem to have that.

When we upgraded, we also changed the theme and refreshed everything!

So now Im stuck. Is there anyone out there that can help me out. Im completely stuck now and orders are now coming in and creating me problems. I cannot believe Actinic will not support this, when they did originally.

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            When Actinic upgrades to a new version it prompts about any customised Perl scripts or Javascripts it found in the old site, it also creates backups of your customisations which have been overwritten and gives you a file path to the log file.

Even though you upgraded a while ago you should still have the log file on your computer in your Site1 installation folder.

The file is called "ScriptUpgrades".. followed by the version number.

If you open that log file it shows:

"Actinic Site Upgrader, Script changes log
            Upgrade of scripts from version xx
            To version xx"

Below that it gives a file path to the backup of the old customised script "User Modified script".

It will also detail changes under the heading: "Differences between old script and user modified script".

You then need to open and compare the old user modified script with the new script (easier to do with a program such as ExamDiff), then copy across the customised code section.

Comment

Did you check that there is still not an old "version x" folder on your machine where the old site and files still reside?
              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd

SellerDeck Hosting

Comment

Morning Scott

One of my colleagues in support has found the script change in an old ticket. Please mail me at krcsupport at actinic dot co dot uk , and I'll send the code change in the reply mail.
                However the usual caveat about Actinic not being able to provide detailed support for script changes applies here. Reason being, every time a customer upgrades their site, the script changes would need to be re-applied, and may not work at all anymore post upgrade.

Regards
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
                  Morning Scott

One of my colleagues in support has found the script change in an old ticket. Please mail me at krcsupport at actinic dot co dot uk , and I'll send the code change in the reply mail.
                  However the usual caveat about Actinic not being able to provide detailed support for script changes applies here. Reason being, every time a customer upgrades their site, the script changes would need to be re-applied, and may not work at all anymore post upgrade.

Regards
                  Thanks for your help. I have sent you an email.

Comment

Working...
                  X