Multi-channel retail & Actinic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-channel retail & Actinic

I'm trying to drag our Internet offerings into the 21st Century and having recently upgraded all of our machines to V11 business+ multi-user (and what a headache that was / is) I'm seriously wondering if after about 7 years of service Actinic is right for our business.

One of the biggest issues I have is order aggregation, or indeed any sort of integration. Like may we use multi-channel (Ebay, Amazon etc.) sales and as the volume grows it's becoming a nightmare to control stock etc.

I know Actinic has RTSC but there's no clarity on the threads here whether this works with external software and I can't see anywhere on the Knowledge base that explains how this works.

I'm sure I must have missed something, I'd be really interested if anybody has any tips on how integration with other platforms can be achieved or is it a question of biting the bullet and switching to software that's supported by 3rd party integration providers.

Thanks in advance

Ian

Sorry for the thread hijack as I don't have any tips, just we are in the same situation as you (less v11 - currently still on v9) so also interested in any responses that have this...err.... working?

Do you currently use something else to manage orders and stock, or is seperated still via Actinic and ebay/Amazon?

(Apologies again!)
    Wetsuits
    www.twobarefeet.co.uk

Comment

The stock control will work on each Actinic store, there are ways to share products between several Actinic stores but not between other selling channels.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I don't think Actinic is really a great solution for controlling stock across multiple channels. If that's one of your key isues then I'd probably suggest looking at other solutions or possibly some kind of custom integration that could involve Actinic as the website front end and/or backend.

Having said that I'm not sure there is an easy solution to the problem. Thinking about the issues I'd be looking for some sort of inteligent system that could remove products from certain channels as soon as stock starts to run low (and/or might even raise prices a bit as there could be some scarcity increasing demand).

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We are adding multichannel stock control to our www.1stoporders.co.uk product this year, it works with Actinic Desktop and Actinic online and other selling channels.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actinic Online provides the ability to manage stock across multiple channels including eBay and Amazon.

Chris

Comment

actinic online is the only one i have found that works with ebay and amazon, a real selling point.
              Shame we cant use it.
              You can only list a product in 3 category's. If like us a product should be found in multiple categorys..
              Example
              product is a chocolate bar
              can be sold in
              category milk
              category wheat free
              category all chocolate bars
              category valentines gifts
              catergory vegetarian
              category gifts suitable for her

as you can see the 3 category limit is very limiting.

Mole end 1stop is good, we use it for a site we moved off of actinic but it intergrates with ebay and amazon and our website.
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
              X