No announcement yet.

SMTP problems suddenly appeared

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed 1and1 again and told them that we had changed the SMTP to mrvnet.kundenserver.de, and that worked; this is their reply:

The server mrvnet.kundenserver.de is an alternative SMTP server if auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk does not work. It is actually advisable to use mrvnet.kundenserver.de as the outgoing server if you are sending mails through scripts.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

So no need to change anything in the scripts, we should all just carry on with mrvnet.kundenserver.de.

Karen

Comment

Karen : I get a different person reply also!

One of their replies mentioned an "updated environment", and I queried that statement, this is their reply:

Please visit your message board from your control panel so you can see the notification and much better provide that notification to your webdeveloper who created your site.
      Updating server is what we called update on the enviroment of the server or in other term " System maintenance".
      These include updating the components of the server.
      Components are:
      Apache 2.2
      Python 2.6
      Perl 5.10.1

The reason why we want you to consult your webdeveloper so that he/she can check if the software he/she use is still compatible with that components.
      Tak.

Comment

Originally posted by KarenM View Post
        Each time I email 1and1 a different support team member replies The latest one suggest changing the port to 587.
        Karen
        I have a Professional account with 1and1 and have had the same problem since Thursday morning, and the run around from their technical support ever since!

First I spoke to one of their technicians (I use the term loosely) on the phone for 40 minutes while he checked my settings, which I had already explained to him, had been working perfectly well for years. Then we had the classic well it could be the software so I got them to view my computer while I used a mailing script installed onto my 1and1 account which came up with the error "unable to connect to the smtp server auth.smtp.oneandone.co.uk". We then tried two alternative smtp servers (including mrvnet.kundenserver.de and mrelay.perfora.net) using ports 25 and 587 which all failed.

He said he would then have to run a diagnostic test blah blah blah and that was the end of the phone call. Since then all the support has been by email, a different person each time. I know the smtp server auth.smtp.1and1.co.u is working fine as I use it to send email from MS Outlook account.

I have to keep telling each different person that answers my emails that it appears the mail server is not allowing scripts to connect to it even though they are being run from a 1and1 account. The last email they have just sent me reads “our Administrators have already put some restrictions with regards to sending an email using 1&1 SMTP server” and suggests I should use sendmail if the program allows!

The other problem I have had with 1and1 is their mail server has been on block with AOL and Comcast for getting on close for a year due to spamming, which is a real pain when 80% of my business is in the USA. The quirks trying to run ioncube drive me mad and although I have used 1and1 for years I feel I may have to try and find a more reliable host, preferably with technical support in the UK!

Open to suggestions...

MAC.

Comment

MAC: I've had the exact experience as you, but them suggestion "sendmail" is not the end of it... You keep asking them (remind that their 1and1 server cannot connect to the smtp server etc) and another person will reply...

They last asked me the system requirements of Actinic (which I replied with a copy/paste from Actinic's website), and their last email was a new conversation (no history in the reply):

Upon checking, we will escalate this case to our administrators for them to further on the case.
          Once we have the fix, we will notify you via email.
          We understand that you might be anxious to have this resolved as soon as possible so thank you so much for your patience while we work on the resolution.
          Not sure what that really means... Hope it's what it says it is...

Tak.

Comment

We had a similar problem a few years back when our host's mail server was blocked by BTinternet & Yahoo. We signed up with www.authsmtp.com for all outgoing mail and have had no problems since. It works really well with Actinic and Groupmail. Naturally there is a fee - paid annually but based on expected monthly usage. They are located in the UK and support has been first class.
            www.silvermoonbeads.com - Gemstones, Pearls, Hill Tribe sterling silver, Swarovski and Findings.

Comment

Hopefully you know that Actinic provides hosting. And we never make any changes without testing them with our software first, and we never release software without testing it with our hosting first.

Chris

Comment

Well TAK after a few more emails backwards and forwards with 1and1 the last one suggested I contact them again if I wanted the issue escalated with 1and1 so I ended up talking with a technician called Jay on the phone in the Philippines. This guy actually listened to problem we have been having with 1and1 and not tried the standard response from the FAQ sheet they all must be using!
                I got him to place an order through Actinic and he had no confirmation order. I could hear him typing and then he put me on hold for a few minutes and said for me to try mrvnet.kundenserver.de using port 25.
                Here we go again I thought as I had already tried this smtp server both with port 25 and 587 on Saturday with a different technician. This time it worked perfectly!!! Actinic is sending both customer order confirmation and pending order notifications emails. Although I’m a happy guy, which doesn’t happen often ;o) it just proves the issue is caused by 1and1. He has asked me to monitor this for 24 hours and update them if the issue comes back!
                Might be worth others giving this a try if you are still having problems...
                MAC.

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
                  MAC: I've had the exact experience as you, but them suggestion "sendmail" is not the end of it... You keep asking them (remind that their 1and1 server cannot connect to the smtp server etc) and another person will reply...

They last asked me the system requirements of Actinic (which I replied with a copy/paste from Actinic's website), and their last email was a new conversation (no history in the reply):

Not sure what that really means... Hope it's what it says it is...

Tak.
                  it is a fairly standard response from 1and1, usually they do actually look into and sort the problem, time span 'unknown'. I have had this response in the past when they updated their own control panel and removed a stack of features eventually we got them back.

I have not been a great admirer of 1and1 customer support as I always found it very poor (that's me being nice), but I recently moved to a dedicated server and the customer service team there is exceptional. I reported a fault around 22:30 by email and left it with them, by the following morning I had an email detailing the problem, and what they had done on the server to resolve it, so next time I can fix it myself. Given that my server is unmanaged so it really is up to me to sort any problems, that was extremely good service. I am paying over 10 times the rate for a hosting package that would host anActinic site, so I guess it is the old adage 'You get what you pay for'.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                  SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                  Custom Packages

Comment

Email issue in Actinic

Hi Rajeev ,

Can you please let me know how can i resolve the issue

Comment

Originally posted by tsr View Post
                      Hi Rajeev ,

Can you please let me know how can i resolve the issue
                      See above http://community.actinic.com/showpos...8&postcount=39

Comment

Originally posted by tsr View Post
                        Hi Rajeev , Can you please let me know how can i resolve the issue
                        Clicking on a thread isn't the end of the matter. You have to *read* the thread too.
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Network Test OK but Other Emails Not Sent

I have had the same problem, having resurrected a web site that was OK some months ago. I spoke to 1and1 and they advised to change SMTP Server to mrvnet.kundenserver.de. That did not work so they asked me to use Port 587 instead of Port 25.

Looking at Sellerdeck Community I found post advising to change Change Pearl Script: ACTINIC.PM from $nSmtpPort = 25; to $nSmtpPort = 587;

I did that and the Network Test now works OK. However, I cannot send any other emails from Seller Deck and Customer Order Emails are not being sent. Do I need to change any other Scripts to Posrt 587?

Comment

Just change my SMTP server settings to mrvnet.kundenserver.de and worked fine.. I can send emails through sellerdeck software itself now but for some reason when I set it up I had to leave the 2 boxes unticked .. email me when orders are available to download and send a receipt by email to the customer.

Is anyone else having this problem at all?

Comment

Much appreciated

Thanks guys for the new server info. (I registered on here primarily to thank you, as its the least I could do and don't know how else I would have come across this information, probably after many painful conversations over many days with 1and1 'support')

Have a client site running actinic for years and suddenly was no longer sending emails at about the same time as this thread started.

1and1 are cheap but soooo frustrating when things go wrong as it's almost impossible (without spending a huge amount of time and money on 0844) before getting hold of someone who is prepared to take ownership and actually look into the issue.

If anyone knows if we can take action against 1and1 then am happy to join in doing so.

Despair!

Comment

Was this ever resolved, I have read all the threads relating to this and I am still not able to send emails via the program
                                "The error was:
                                58324######@####.plus.comError returned from SMTP server (8: SMTP synchronization error"

I am not sure why it added the 58324 to the start of the email address either?

Comment

Working...
                                X