Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only Registered Users can place an order

Evening All

Launched www.rytonproduce.co.uk last night all seems OK bar a few minor stuff but bar a rather large glitch:

Only users who's account has been manually created/registred can place an order.

Even when new customers place an order and despite filliing out the password field and/or opting NOT to create an account the user sees the following error message at the top of the checkout section :

'Sorry, but we are unable to accept your order. Please contact us if you require further details.'

Currently my settings for Customer Login and Ordering are thus :

x Create an Account Unless the customer chooses Not To

x Allow Orders from Unregistered Customers
    x Allow Orders from Customer Accounts

x Unregistered Customers Can save Carts
    x Customer with Accounts can save Carts

I'm really rather stuck as my client would like anyone to be able to order from his site without having to set up a manual account each time.

Has anyone come across this ?

Thanks

Steve

Have you made customisations to the checkout layout or shipping?. I can see checkout layout country by default shows "None of the above". I tested it and got the error "ActinicShipping.fil is corrupt. The signature is invalid." If you have not altered Perl or Javascript files I suggest a backup snapshot then you could try a Help menu > Troubleshooting > Purge and Refresh (all boxes). P.S I found it hard to see the checkout link.
    Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
      P.S I found it hard to see the checkout link.
      +1 from me
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for you feedback !

Managed to fix the problem, tho not entirely satisfied with my 'fix' as it seems born out of something not working right.

I had originally selected only 'United Kingdom' as the only Valid Location under the Business Settings > Payment and Security > Configure Valid Locations (this option is available once you click the box 'Limited by location')

Coincidently as selected this I noted that the 'Country' select field on the checkout had changed from a dropdown to a blank field. I cant seem to get this back to be being a drop down :/

Basically to get the customers ordering I unticked the box 'Limited by Location' therefor disabling the 'Valid Locations' options.

There is still no drop down on the checkout page however customers can stick any old thing in the country field at the moment and Actinic seems to let it through. This isnt such a bad thing shorterm as my client only delivers locally and isnt interested in the country field (Would like to get rid of this field if possible). The customers so far have been entering UK, United Kingdom or England as it happens.

Must admit had thought the 'Limited By Location' option was a great way of at least keeping everything UK based.

Would like a better fix to be honest, would be great to see the dropdown again ! if you guys have any ideas as to why its disappeared ???

RE the checkout, good point guys. I will get to changing that. Was it that the text is too small ?

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Hi,

Good look with your site. Just had a quick look and and you really need to work on improving your url names for categories and products as they appear to be all over the place.

Jellies :

http://www.rytonproduce.co.uk/acatal...imedia-PC.html

Pickles :

http://www.rytonproduce.co.uk/acatal...ble-Media.html

Assume this is because you just changed the category description from the install but not the url's but there are others for products which make no sense

Double milk chocolate biscuits :

http://www.rytonproduce.co.uk/acatal...idge--184.html

Butter shortbread biscuits :

http://www.rytonproduce.co.uk/acatal...-Oats-185.html

Hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

Comment

Oh WOW !!

Thanks for pointing that out ! Very much new to Actinic and had very much over looked that !

Thankyou its on the list

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Sunstone View Post
              RE the checkout, good point guys. I will get to changing that. Was it that the text is too small ?
              Text too small, and for me anyway, in an unexpected place i.e. top left. Much more conventional for it to be on the right.
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
                Have you made customisations to the checkout layout or shipping?. I can see checkout layout country by default shows "None of the above". I tested it and got the error "ActinicShipping.fil is corrupt. The signature is invalid." If you have not altered Perl or Javascript files I suggest a backup snapshot then you could try a Help menu > Troubleshooting > Purge and Refresh (all boxes). P.S I found it hard to see the checkout link.

Hi There, where can I find the layout for the 'Checkout layout Country' section ?

Seems my little fix wasnt actually a fix at all. New customers could place an order but when they try to login, it doesnt let them because originally they could not specify their country...

I've no idea how this happened, but if I could tweak this issue with the Country field being unselectable I'm sure this would fix my issue.

Many Thanks

Steve

Comment

Working...
                X