SBS 2011 plus Sellerdeck Business plus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBS 2011 plus Sellerdeck Business plus

Does anyone know of any problems using SBS 2011 and Sellerdeck on windows 7 64bit server

OR

Has anybody tried SBS 2011 with sellerdeck
    Chris Ashdown

Morning Chris

I have passed this on to my colleague in support, he will post back with more information to answer your query.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Many thanks Just we are considering using it as a upgrade due to SBS2003 going out of support this year
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Are you talking about SBS 2011 for hosting the sites or just serving your local network where you store the Sites folder ?
        Printerbase - Colour & Mono Laser Printers

Comment

Hi Chris,
          Sorry for the delay. I am aware of one customer using SBS2011 in a 64 bit environment. So far they haven't reported any problems to us. Unfortunately we haven't fully tested it here as yet.

I hope this helps.

Ian
          SellerDeck Technical Support

Comment

Originally posted by printerbase View Post
            Are you talking about SBS 2011 for hosting the sites or just serving your local network where you store the Sites folder ?
            Hi

Local network
            Chris Ashdown

Comment

We have recently gone from SBS 2003 to SBS 2011 (the upgrade didn't go very well but that's a another story), we are running both V8.5 and now V11 off a shared network location running under SBS 2011 and we have not encountered any problems.

Peter

Comment

Thanks Peter,

better to ask than jump into the fire

Was the upgrade problems something others would have or just local to your set-up

Have you seen any improvements in speed and what is your server spec
                Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris,

Regarding the upgrade we tried to do the in-place upgrade where it was supposed to transfer everything across to the new server but somewhere in the middle of it, it failed and we ended up being stuck in a situation where we couldn’t go back to the old server without doing a restore.

So we just installed the new server as a new installation, copied all our data to a NAS drive, exported everybody’s mailboxes and public folders to PST files, we then dumped everything on to the new server and imported the mailboxes and public folders.

It was a pain and took a lot of work but it worked in the end, we’ve got around 25 users, any more than that and it would be a real problem.

The main reason for us wanting to upgrade was that our server hardware was becoming very unreliable, and our C: partition was very low on disk space and it was about 8 years old, we replaced it with a Dell T310 with a Xeon X3430, 24GB of memory with RAID and redundant PSU’s.

I would say the performance of our network has increased slightly, as well as some other good things like Exchange 2010, SharePoint and all the improved little server things, so we are happy. Plus I can go to sleep at night knowing I am not going to have to nurse our 8 year old server back to life in the morning.

Peter

Comment

Working...
                  X