Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount coupons and customers accounts

Just need a bit of advice.

Pre V11 we used to give out to our loyal customers who spent over £100 a 10% discount via a coupon code this was fine for most but some customers abused it and passed the code on for others to use.

So with V11 i was happy that we had the customer log in which would stop the abuse.

So i have set up a customer group called 10% and i have been using this for our more loyal customers, but i have a few issues.

1: is there a way to put a minimum order value for customer accounts ?

2: When a customer logs in they see the retail price and there price, but on the invoice and Email it only shows the prices with the discount applied, it would be nice to show the customer and out staff what the retail price was.

3: I have had customers log in which gives them the 10% discount then at check out they can apply there coupon code which takes another 10% off their cart value! How can you stop this.

Hello Paul

I will attempt to answer your queries in the same order:

1: is there a way to put a minimum order value for customer accounts ?
    One can only curb the maximum purchase value of a customer account. The minimum order value can be specified as a global restriction in Business Settings | Ordering

it would be nice to show the customer and out staff what the retail price was.
    Suggest contacting the support team if a tweak can be possible for this?

I have had customers log in which gives them the 10% discount then at check out they can apply there coupon code which takes another 10% off their cart value
    This can be achieved by adding the specific customer group to the restricted list against the specific discount. This is on the Restrictions tab for both Order Level and Cart Content discounts. (Screen grab attached)

Hope this helps.
    Attached Files
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
      Hello Paul

I will attempt to answer your queries in the same order:

One can only curb the maximum purchase value of a customer account. The minimum order value can be specified as a global restriction in Business Settings | Ordering

Suggest contacting the support team if a tweak can be possible for this?

This can be achieved by adding the specific customer group to the restricted list against the specific discount. This is on the Restrictions tab for both Order Level and Cart Content discounts. (Screen grab attached)

Hope this helps.
      Thanks for your reply Krithika.

It seems crazy to have upper limit (why would you want customers not so spend to much with you) but most places have a min order value, but he ho i suppose i have to deal with it. I cannot set it globally as it will affect the customers that are not on a discount that say do a order for £75.00

I will contact support about the retail prices.

Just looking at your work around now, thanks

Comment

Hello Paul

why would you want customers not so spend to much with you
        We designed it as more of a security feature wherein it allows a merchant to restrict some customers to a certain purchase limit, especially where they buy on credit for eg, and each customer or group is different based on how much credit they can be extended at a time.

However, there is a workaround available in the Knowledge Base to set a minimum order value for customer accounts here . But please note that applying this workaround will be applicable for customer accounts alone and not for unregistered customers.
        The usual caveat applies w.r.t modifying perl files. If you wish to revert your changes, you can copy in the un-changed file from the installation folder, ProgramFiles\SellerDeckv11\Original back into the respective site folder.

Pre V11 we used to give out to our loyal customers who spent over £100 a 10% discount via a coupon code this was fine for most but some customers abused it and passed the code on for others to use.
        Have you had the chance of exploring the option of Single Use Coupon codes available in v11? This will solve the problem of coupon reuse. Further information about this feature is available in the main Help section (search for Single-Use Coupon).

Regards
        Krithika Chandrasekar
        SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Krithika View Post
          Hello Paul

We designed it as more of a security feature wherein it allows a merchant to restrict some customers to a certain purchase limit, especially where they buy on credit for eg, and each customer or group is different based on how much credit they can be extended at a time.

However, there is a workaround available in the Knowledge Base to set a minimum order value for customer accounts here . But please note that applying this workaround will be applicable for customer accounts alone and not for unregistered customers.
          The usual caveat applies w.r.t modifying perl files. If you wish to revert your changes, you can copy in the un-changed file from the installation folder, ProgramFiles\SellerDeckv11\Original back into the respective site folder.

Regards
          Thanks for that, but i think this would apply to all customers who choose to register an account at checkout which is not what i want to do. I want to give selected registered customers a discount but want them to spend over £100.

Have you had the chance of exploring the option of Single Use Coupon codes available in v11? This will solve the problem of coupon reuse. Further information about this feature is available in the main Help section (search for Single-Use Coupon).
          I have used single use codes for over £100 and they work very well, but find that customers who we have given them to will return and Email me for another code, so we set them up with a account to give them the 10% when they want it, hence me trying to set a min spend of £100

If this can not be done then i will have to just use it "as is"

Thanks for your Help

Comment

Slightly dfferent issue: using Sellerdeck 2013. Account customer orders, applies unique coupon code, gets discount of 10% as expected, pays lower price.

BUT - the discount doesn't show in their confirmation email. The original total pre-discount shows.

Why is this?
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
            X