Cannot make snapshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot make snapshots

I have 11.02 Designer with several sites on it. This is my primary machine, Acer Aspire X3812 Desktop Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60gHz 5GB RAM 64 Bit Windows 7. Has been running perfectly two years or more.

Suddenly I cannot snapshot sites.

First attempt:

Exceptions - fatal errors
    (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 740) - A sharing violation occurred while accessing C:\Program Files (x86)\Actinic v11\SiteBackups\Export.fpf.
    Second Attempt:

FATAL ERRORS
    (File SnapshotWizard.cpp, Line 686) - Archive error 5 - The compression operation failed
    Library error - ChilkatLog:
    WriteZipAndClose:
    DllDate: Jan 19 2012
    UnlockPrefix: ACTINIZIP
    Username: ASCERBIC:Jonathan Chappell
    Architecture: Little Endian; 32-bit
    Language: Visual C++ 8.0
    TempDir: .
    tempFile: .\ckz_9H0Y.tmp
    Encryption: 0
    PasswordProtected: 0
    CentralDirOffset: 63318160
    NumCentralDirRecords: 2353
    EndOfDirectoryOffset: 63557948
    closeHandle:
    windowsHandle: 2444
    zipFilename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Actinic v11\SiteBackups\Export.fpf
    WindowsError: Access is denied.
    failedToDeleteFilepath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Actinic v11\SiteBackups\Export.fpf
    Failed to delete existing Zip file
    zipFilename: C:\Program Files (x86)\Actinic v11\SiteBackups\Export.fpf
    Failed.
    has been caught.
    Support suggested removing all MoleEnd applications which I have done as they were trials.

I do have CodePath's Section Senerator which I have not removed (paid for).

I have disbled the Administrator Account in case that was accessing the directories and causing the sharing violation.

All to no avail.

I uninstalled 11.02 and have done a fresh install of 11.02. Fourth or fifth snapshot and it started again.

It happens across diferent sites.

My XP machine (11.03) and W7 laptop (11.02) are behaving normally.

Please can anyone offer any suggestions as to cause and cure?

I think 11.03 is very good but do not want to upgrade my primary machine and commit my clients to using a beta version

Thanks
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

The sharing violation sounds like a windows problem, or another programme locking down access to a file. I can't say I have ever had a permenant problem with these, but I do have the occasional problem (not yet with Actinic) where windows refuses to let me access one or more files. Sometimes it's a seemingly unrelated programme has taken contol of a file and needs to be closed, and once or twice a complete re-boot has been needed.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

You could try disabling UAC and see if that helps.

Comment

It does seem pretty stubborn. Reboots and closing stuff hasn't yet helped. I have tried to take admin control and will move the UAC slider to the bottom and let you know. Thing is it's recent and no obvious coincidence.
        Jonathan Chappell
        Website Designer

Comment

Is there an existing file of export.fpf sitting in your backup file? You could try deleting it just in case it's stuck with odd access rights.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Support suggested removing all MoleEnd applications which I have done as they were trials.
            I just wanted to make it completely clear that having Mole end applications on your machine will never cause a snapshot to fail, if you were actively using one while trying to snapshot then you might get a sharing violation.

This obviously doesn't impact you and removing them is sensible if you are not planning to use them but I wanted to make that clear for any other people that might read this thread that Mole End applications do not cause Actinic to break.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Fair enough Jan. I'm sure support weren't suggesting the Mole End add ons were at fault. Probably just trying to eliminate any recent changes to the computer from the list of possible causes.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks Jan and Mike: Exactly that.

Time to Fess up: I had overlooked that had started backing up in the cloud using Sugar Sync. It was this that was causing the sharing violation as it is a rolling backup. I have solved it in the following way. I have conventional backup to a standalone hard drive (bolted under the desk!) using Genie Soft, this operates once every 24 hours at night so is not constantly accessing the Site Backups location. I have now set the Sugar Sync to backup files from that separate hard drive.

Very many thanks to Mike, Steve and Duncan and apologies to Jan. Mole End stuff is, as we all know, excellent.
                Jonathan Chappell
                Website Designer

Comment

Hi Jonathan,

I'm glad it's sorted, no apology required, I was just concerned that users new to Actinic might misinterpret what you posted, which was why I added my post.

Regards,
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It was this that was causing the sharing violation as it is a rolling backup.
                    I had a suspicion that it must be something along those lines. It's usually something that's taken prior "ownership" of the files that causes a share violation, it's tracking down what's doing it that can be tricky.
                    Glad to hear it's resolved
                    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X