Mega Menu not showing all sections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mega Menu not showing all sections

I have a site with about 10 top level sections, we only want to show about 6 or so. I turned off the ones I don't want showing regardless with the "Show Section in Mega Menu" option. I have the maximum number of section links to show in the Menu set at 8, however it is only showing no more than 5. Oddly enough, if I don't try and eliminate the few I don't want showing up in the menu, it WILL show more than 5.

However, there are ones that are set to "true" to show in the menu, and they still don't appear. I tried setting them to "false", applying it, then applying "true" again as well.
    Last edited by prsweeney; 18-Jul-2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: clarifying some details

I love when I make a forum post, and try something I already tried, and Actinic decides that it is going to do it that time.

For the record, if you tell it NOT to include a section link in the menu, it still counts the number of hidden sections in the total of links that will be shown.

So I have 11 sections, I hid 4, so I had to set the "How Many Sections to Show in Top Menu?" setting to 11, despite only really wanting to show 7. If you do anything less than the total number of sections, it will truncate the amount of the disparity making up the difference (if I had 10 sections, want to show 6, but I set the total number to 8, it will not show the last 2 ones I want to show).

That's not particularly the best way to word that choice is it? Is there a preferred way of filing a bug, as I really think that isn't quite the intended behavior.

Comment

Hello Patrick

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. I have informed the team about it as well. Meanwhile the work around would be to take into account the hidden sections when specifying a number for 'How many sections to show in top menu' so the end result is correct.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

This is still not fixed in SD2013.

It is due to slack use of the ListIndex variable in the block if which will iterate from the first section regardless of whether it is to be included or not, hence the fudge above seemingly working.

Bikster
        SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
        X