Ask to pay for sending snapshot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask to pay for sending snapshot

Just received probably the most offensive email from actinic / sellerdeck today. Not only are the support staff unable to help with anything, an obvious con to get you to pay extra for a 'higher level' support person.

But now being asked to send a snapshot means you have to go to a pay site. Thats disgraceful

they always ask for snapshots - but they never fix anything anyway so what's the point

Comment

I have always found them very helpful and have never had an issue that hasn't been resolved. Perhaps there has been a misunderstanding here.

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by samx View Post
        But now being asked to send a snapshot means you have to go to a pay site. Thats disgraceful
        I assume that perhaps they have suggested using a service like www.mailbigfile.com if the file size is large. If so they offer a free service for files upto 300mb http://free.mailbigfile.com

If your snapshot is over the 300mb limit for the free service there are plenty of other similar services available, see here for a list of a few others: http://email.about.com/od/sendbigfil..._big_files.htm
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I have never had to pay to send a snapshot to Actinic. I have always been asked to use the free mailbigfile.com service.
          Their support has always been very good.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Hi David,

Yes, this simply a misunderstanding. Mail Big File is a third party website, they have a free file sending tool, however, they naturally try to advertise their paid for version.

Please contact me directly if you have any other concerns.

Paul
            Paul Murphy
            Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

I blame this thread on the sun, someone bring this man a drink.

Comment

I agree, the sun has made me both very happy and very grumpy :-)
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

whilst the News of the World just made us all miserable!

Back on topic, you can always FTP the file up to your own website area and send a link to support
                  e.g. if your snapshot is called MySnapshot.acd you could attach it as an additional file in Actinic. After the upload the snapshot could be downloaded from http://www.yourdomain.com/acatalog/MySnapshot.acd.
                  Just remember and remove it from additional files list once uploaded!
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                  X