Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upgrade from v10 to V11 error

Hi,

I have recently installed V11 on another computer and created an export file from V10 then imported it into the machine with V11. Everthing seemed perfect except when I try out the site the moment I press 'add to cart' I get the error 'A general script error has occured, -Input contains Invalid characters (error 2). I have refreshed the site etc it still persists, my primary site on V10 works no problem- any help?

Thanks

KSI

Hello

If this is still not sorted, I have a feeling the scripts have not refreshed correctly. Have you tried the option in Help | Troubleshooting : 'Web Site Purge and Refresh' ? If not, I suggest trying this as well, selecting both the Delete Perl Files...and Delete .cat ....options.
    Please note, if you have modified any perl file in the previous version, this would need to be re-instated post the operation as purge and refresh restores the un-changed instances of the Perl files.

Hope this helps.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Upgrade V10-V1

Hello Krithika,

Thanks for your reply, I have tried all the usual refreshes etc, I have sent a copy to support who are also a bit stuck and as far as I know they have sent it to the developers to sort out, basically it seems to be when you assign 2 or more components to a product then it fails in V11 but not V10.

Thanks

Andy.

Comment

Dont know if this is in any was connected but when you mentioned the part about "assiged two or more components to a product"...

I had a product (personalised ribbon) you could select font style, print colour, icon. Anyway I think since upgrading the perumentations matix has disappeared, I just had to press Fill List and it reinstated the option. Probably totally unrelated to your issue but it is more than one component assigned to a product.

Tara

Comment

components, attributes etc.

Hi Tara,

I tried that one as well, FYI support came up with replacing this line of code as shown below.

Please can you try the solution below:
          1) In the software, go to Design | Library | “Layouts” tab
          2) Scroll down to “Choice lists”, click “+” to expand the list.
          3) Double click on “Drop Down Choice List” to open the layout.
          4) Click on “Click here to edit list layout settings”
          5) In the field “Start of list” you can see the following code:

<select name="<actinic:variable formatting="font(Color|000000)" name="UIWidgetName" />" class="form_input_general">

Replace this code with the following:

<select name="<Actinic:Variable Name="UIWidgetName"/>" class="form_input_general">

6) Click “Apply” then “OK”.
          7) Close the design library.

Once this fix has been applied, this should solve the error. My suggestion would be to apply the fix to your v11 site, then upload the site in test mode, to verify it works, before putting the site live (Web | Switch to test mode, then Refresh website). To switch out of test mode, go to Web | Switch to production mode.

Not sure what it did but it works, anyway thanks for your reply.

Andrew.

Comment

Working...
          X