Product csv import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product csv import

First time i've tried a product import via csv and thought it'd be a simple procedure of export the current product csv file and then enter the new products and import <epic fail>.

Anyone know if there is a sample csv file that I can use?

Hello

If it helps any, there are sample import files available in the Common folder within the site folder itself.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

I seriously must be <insert a word to describe someone who can't get to grips with csv files)

I've basically got 300 products in a csv file with four columns; Product Ref, Short Description, Main Description, Selling Price and just wanted to import into an existing site so that I don't need to enter them manually - anyone fancy a small job?

Comment

Have you tried importing using a flat file, you should be able to then map the fields and import as it is. You will need to drag the products around afterwards though. If you can't get it right and want it done for you then drop me an email.

Comment

Pete,
          If it's only 4 columns as you describe then the Import feature in Actinic/Sellerdeck should be pretty straight forward.
          The steps would be:
          1. Select File | Import | Flat File
          2. Map the 4 columns to the relevant 4 fields in Sellerdeck
          3. NB make sure you specify an error text file to record any errors that may be generated - good for problem solving
          4. Execute import.

Note, as you do not have a column specifying the section for the product it will simply import them into the top level of the content tree.
          Also, make sure your prices are in pence, not pounds!

When you state <epic fail> what exactly was the issue?
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

All sorted now thanks to Duncan Rounding

Comment

Working...
            X