Component/attribute change v10 to v11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component/attribute change v10 to v11

We are updating a site and converting to v11 and have in issue with the way some products are displaying components and attributes.

The issue can be illustrated by these two pages:
    In v11 http://eyecare.webfaced.co.uk/Viteye...VITEYESII.html
    In v10 http://www.vitamins-for-the-eyes.co....iteyes_II.html

In both sites this product is set up as:
    A product with components & attributes. Then the permutations link to two hidden products and have ticked to use pricing, name and tax from associated product. In the main product I am using the pricing model ‘Sum of component prices’ and have a tick next to ‘No order line for main product’

Now the issue is what is being displayed in the drop down options online.
    In v10 I have what I would expect. So the descriptions I have entered next to the choices and then when you add to the cart it adds the hidden linked product.

However, in v11 the options in the drop down list are not the choice descriptions, but the actual name of the linked product. When you add to the cart it add the hidden linked product. In order to get the choice description to show in the drop down boxes I have to untick the box ‘name from associated product’ but then when you add to the cart it is not adding the linked product in the same way but shows the main product and an options. Not as slick.

I have been told that this will not be easy to change in v11 as it is to do with the perl script. So is this a change in v11 compared to v10, was it a glitch in v10 that is now ‘fixed’, or did I use some plug-in in v10 that made the change (certainly not something I have done knowingly)?

I hope all this makes sense and any light that can be shred of this gratefully received.

James
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

and have ticked to use pricing, name and tax from associated product
    If you've checked Name (as you say above) then you should see the Associated Product name on the product page in both V10 and V11.

I just checked here using the Multimedia PC from the demo site and it performs the same in V10 and V11.

If you're getting the choice description regardless in V10, then it may be because you've modified the choice layouts.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks Norman, didn't think of checking a new site but mine does too.

Think I have found where to change this in v11 now as will test, but looking good so far.

James
      www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
      www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
      www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
      www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
      www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        If you've checked Name (as you say above) then you should see the Associated Product name on the product page in both V10 and V11.

I just checked here using the Multimedia PC from the demo site and it performs the same in V10 and V11.

If you're getting the choice description regardless in V10, then it may be because you've modified the choice layouts.
        11.03 does have a bug with online stock control which the devs have acknowleged http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53177

Comment

Working...
        X