X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enabling Contact Us Form

Hey people,

Quick question;

I have the contact us form that is standard on themes like "Silver Theme", I noticed that some themes dont enable this as standard, can I enable it to work with any other themes??

Im using V11

The default contact form will work with any site. All default themes have a link. If not just add a link: <a href="<actinic:variable name="SendMailPageLink" />"><actinic:variable name="SendMailText" /></a>
    Peblaco

Comment

So how would I enable it to be shown?

I have a contact us link, but it shows a fragment page with our contact details.

I think the Form would be a better solution.

Thanks for your help again Peblaco.

Comment

Im using my own theme that is completely new design.

But for example, I think the Edge theme would not have the contact form in place.

Whereas the Silver theme does.

http://www.teclan.com/examples/contactform/index.html

Comment

The Edge theme does have a link to the default contact form but it is at the footer of the page. If using your own theme you simply need to add the link code above in post 2 to your own themes primary layout template. Place the link in the HTML where you require. That will then create a link to the default contact form.
          Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by peblaco View Post
            The Edge theme does have a link to the default contact form but it is at the footer of the page. If using your own theme you simply need to add the link code above in post 2 to your own themes primary layout template. Place the link in the HTML where you require. That will then create a link to the default contact form.
            Doh, just seen this too! Silly me.

Will give that a bash tonight!

Comment

Ok Louise,

So if I add this code to my layout, it will create the Contact Us link, and when its live it will then run a CGI script and take me to a page with the form on? am I correct?

Comment

Working...
              X