Extra malformed anchor tags being generated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extra malformed anchor tags being generated

I have a page located here. Viewing it in Chrome and Firefox show a really small h1 title, and also it changes color as if it is a link. Basically, the rule for all of my <a> tags kicks in, because of these malformed <a> tags. The template that generates everything looks exactly how it should be. When diagnosing the issue, the relevant section of code looks like this when I go to view source:

HTML Code:
    <div class="page-heading">
        <h1>Title Here</h1>
    </div>
    However, when I go to view it in Chrome's Developer tools, it is throwing in extraneous malformed anchor tags, which is obviously causing the hovering behavior. This is what it looks like to the dev tools:

HTML Code:
    <div class="page-heading">
    <h1>
        <a style="font-family: arial; font-size: 9px" <="" a="">Title Here</a>
    </h1>                
    </div>
    In addition, when viewing a local copy of the site, the output shown in the dev tools is the same as viewing the source and they both render correctly locally. Now, Chrome's developer tools/Firebug/ etc., can change dynamically. View Source is merely a "snapshot" when the page loads. I'm going to lean on the side of thinking it's javascript injecting this in somehow. However, no changes have been made to the template, CSS, javascript, etc., since this started happening.
    It's also happening on a few other pages, namely in the cart in totally different templates. Since it started happening, when a user tries to click on the submit button after choosing Paypal, it just hangs and never bounces to Paypal (but only in Chrome).

Oddly enough, all versions of IE render it correctly. The current version of both Chrome and Firefox both render it weirdly. Initially I thought it may be a user agent stylesheet problem, but if anything the CSS is fine, it's the HTML that is malformed.

Everything in the central area is wrapped in a link. You have an empty link which also has a missing bracket > at the end: <a style="font-family: arial; font-size: 9px" </a>
    Peblaco

Comment

You are a GODSEND. I wasn't even looking down there even in Sellerdeck because that isn't even close to where it was manifesting in Developer Tools. That is most certainly a weird one.

The bad thing is that someone else in the office who shouldn't even be touching code evidently is

Thanks for the extra set of eyes!

Comment

Working...
      X