Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrading a V8 site to V11

Hello everyone
    we have a site running (perfectly well) under V8, but now we want to load the site data into a more modern design (another site using this is already running live on V11).

Importing the site hierarchic fails hopelessly, so we've imported the V8 snapshot, which after an awful lot of faffing, reboots, compacting and repairing in Access is now all there and appears to work fine.
    The plan is, now that the old V8 design is in V11 and working, to then import the data via hierarchic into the modern V11 design.

The V8 site is built using the infamous Smart theme.

In order to test things as we go, the [old, V8 design, now in V11) site has uploaded fine and all looks and functions OK, until you get to the Cart or a Checkout page (i.e. anything that runs ca000001.pl), where the layout is borked and the main lefthand nav box content has disappeared.

We're now stumped. Searching the forum brings up an issue with BASEHREF, but that doesn't appear anywhere on the pages, and if I understand correctly, turned out to be a bug fixed in V10.02 or thereabouts.

Can anyone help please.
    The site is on a test domain at http://www.motorcycleintercoms.co.uk...rada-1200.html
    Add the seat to the cart and then visit the cart ...

TIA
    Regards
    Sean
    Kind Regards
    Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Look's like it is trying to find the images in the cgi-bin folder and not the acatalog folder. Why it is doing it only on the cart page, I don't know, but it's certainly a funky path somewhere.

Comment

It does look like there's no basehref in the cart and thus the browser can't find the css.

There's also something extremely weird going on as the main image has three nested links to the home page. Including a couple with /../ in the middle.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thank you for your suggestions - I appreciate it.
        I'll tackle it later today and post the outcome.

Sean
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Good news - your suggestions have sorted it out.
          The main culprit was a missing BASEHREF in the Catalogue layout (it was there in the main site layout).
          Also, as predicted, some anomalous code snippets lying about.

Regarding the main site logo - weird - there were all sorts of redundant nested BLOCKIFS and stuff.

Thanks again for the help - saved me a lot of headache.

Now - to get the database into our 'modern' theme; it'll go swimmingly. Won't it?
          Kind Regards
          Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
          X