Hidden duplicates not unhiding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hidden duplicates not unhiding

I am having problems when trying to unhide products with duplicates. The original products themselves unhide but their duplicates do not, although on the duplicate product the "hide on website" button is unchecked, it is not visible when viewing the page. It is not possible to manually unhide a duplicate even if its original is unhidden. As we build large sections of our website out of season and then unhide them as deliveries come in it is taking up quite a lot of unnecessary time having to remove duplicates and re do them in the additional sections. If anyone can help me out with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, Ben
    www.sailandski.co.uk

I have had this problem too, it seems to be the database not updating the changes properly.
    Afraid I can't offer a fix for it, but using reset duplicates will update them to unhidden, but over-write any differences in long descriptions for the duplicates though.
    Have you had any other problems that seem to be database related?
    Im not going to ask about compacting the database, and before anyone else suggests it it does NOT cure this problem. I'm still trying to work out if it's something on my computer (win xp sp3) thats causing it as Sellerdeck says it cant find a couple of Access dll files... But they are in the expected place I checked, and not corrupted either. Odd.
    Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
    www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Duplicates of hidden products misbehaving.

I can cofirm that for me when changing to another computer that does not have any database issues such as missing/corrupt ODBC files being reported, and errors ocuring when trying to compact the database, this problem with duplicates of hidden products not updating properly disappears.
      This for me seems to be a purely windows installation related issue, on this single PC, so I am going to try a fresh installation of windows and see what happens.
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X