Hosting problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosting problem

I couldn't see a section for issues with Actinic hosting so wasn't sure where to put this, so put it here.

We have been having terrible problems with email for mole-end.biz for the last few days and are trying to work out how to resolve the issues. I have tried this morning to reset our hosting password and get this error :

Unable to send the secret code: mail() failed: Failed to add recipient: support@mole-end.biz [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 550, response: 5.7.0 Malformed or missing HELO.Rejected by MagicSpam 1.0.5-3 (http://www.magicspam.com/).Visit http://www.linuxmagic.com/best_pract...lo_domain.html for more information)]

any ideas how I can get around this at all?

We have had a couple of issues reported by our customers who have had this same error message when trying to send emails to us as well.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Should just add that we cannot add ourselves to our white list because we no longer have access to it, we have to use a central one, maintained by our hosts.
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan.
      Looking up the 550 server error looks like its a problem with server/anti-spam filtering on the server and it's configuration.
      I don't know if this link wil help or not
      http://www.123-reg.co.uk/support/ans...ied-error-348/
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Steve, In this case though, it was Actinic's hosting password reminder program trying to send to mole-end.biz, so I cannot control how that is sent.

We haven't been sending spam out by the way, just in case you are wondering if that might be why we are receiving that message.

Comment

Didn't think you would have been sending spam Jan. sounds like something in the hosting setup needs looking at if that was the cause though.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Hi Steve,

I didn't think you would but was concerned that people that didn't know us might :-)

I think you are right, re hosts, I will reopen the support ticket and ask them to take another look.

Cheers,

Comment

Hi Jan

support should be in touch for some more info or you can mail me the details directly (you know the address) I need the from address, to address and how the mail is being sent.

The new spam filtering we are using seems to b working fine but there are always edge cases to resolve, this might be just that and white listing or exempting may be what is needed.

Steve
              Steve Wardell
              Operations Director

Comment

Hi Steve,

Thanks, I will send the details in through support - something has been wrong since the server change on host004 as few weeks ago.

Regards,

Comment

sorry for the hassle Jan, the new spam filter is proving to be somewhat over zealous. While I work on refining the offending rules I've disabled a few of them, can you try the password reset again and let me know if it works please, I've just tired it on my domain and it does (it dint before I changed the rules)
                  Steve Wardell
                  Operations Director

Comment

Hi Steve,

The password reset now works for me. I will ask one of the customers that we have had problems receiving email from to send something to see if that now also works.

Regards,

Comment

We still have the issue with some of our emails being rejected - they just don' t arrive, we get no warning that they have gone.

The emails are sent from the Citylink Xtend program and have the end of day order summary attached. The program set the to address to the customers email and the from address to our support system.

Regards,

Comment

Working...
                      X