New Hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hosting

We are currently trying to move our websites over to a new 1and1 dedicated server. First website has been moved ok apart from an error during checkout, on clicking the confirm button. The error below was taken from our error log.

Timeout waiting for output from CGI script /var/www/vhosts/glitzy-weddings.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl, referer: http://www.glitzy-weddings.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl
    Script timed out before returning headers: os000001.pl, referer: http://www.glitzy-weddings.com/cgi-bin/os000001.pl

Any ideas please.
    Regards
    Sally

Fashion Jewellery Wholesale - Glitzy Jewels

It sounds and looks similar to this one, although a different final error.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=50432

I'd try a full purge and refresh and also check that all the permissions are set correctly.

Is this a unix or windows server?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike, thank you for the response. Tried incrementing CGI script no. and doing a refresh but didnt make a difference.

We are on a unix box.
      Regards
      Sally

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if this is the failing email problem. There was a problem where actinic tries to send the 'new order' email at the final stage of checkout but locks up if the smtp server fails.

Have you run the network test and does it pass? Do you get the 'passed' email?

Mike

Comment

we have run the test and get emails ok

We have put an order through on the website and although it times out at order confirmation, we do get the order and an email is sent out to the customer.

So I don't think it can be a permissions issue.
          Regards
          Sally

Comment

Ok. It's an odd one. Normally I'd suggest looking in your error.err log to see what errors Sellerdeck is throwing up, but you don't appear to have one. I've never understood why some sites don't have this.

Mike

Comment

Hmm. Now you have one.

I tried a test order using the 'invoice when it's ready' method and it did eventually go through and show the receipt page. It did take a long time though which makes me wonder if maybe the encryption modules or something similar might be missing. This could slow down the order encryption that is taking place.

I think there's a list of required perl modules and add ons that are recommended somewhere. They might not be installed by default on a dedicated server.

I have to rush off now or I'd look for you. There might be something under the hosting section of the knowledge base.

Mike

OK. See if this helps http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=49361 You should be able to check what perl modules are installed from within Sellerdeck.

Comment

Hi Mike,

just ran the web site analysis and we have a number of perl modules not installed

ActEncrypt1024
                Crypt::SSLeay
                CGI
                CGI::Carp
                Archive::Zip
                Net::SSL

Any ideas please?
                Regards
                Sally

Comment

Ok. That looks like the problem. I'm not familiar with installing them myself so you might need some more help on this.

1and1 do have a faq on checking the installed modules here http://faq.1and1.co.uk/server/root_s...in_help/3.html but it's quite technical and I can't tell if the final page helps you install other modules or not.

I'm sure it's only a 10 minute job for someone who knows what they're doing.

I have come across another post from someone wanting help on installing them here on the forum. http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52376 You might try sending the poster a PM to see how he sorted it in the end.

Mike

Comment

Unfortunately Nick no longer works at that company so if anybody else has any ideas about starting these perl modules on a 1and1 dedicated server could they please let me know.
                    Regards
                    Sally

Comment

It looks like Nick posted the job on a tech job site and got some replies.

see: http://www.peopleperhour.com/job/ins...-server-124345

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike, I'm trying to get in touch with Nick to see who he used.

Just found this in the release notes for v11.0.1

Checkout no longer hangs when the server is running Perl version 5.12 and ActEncrypt1024 is not installed, AC11-335

Which sounds just like our problem but we are running v11.0.2 and have Perl v5.10.1
                        Regards
                        Sally

Comment

hi Sally,

I wouldn't get too hung up on the specifics of this. For Actinic to run smoothly you really need to get these modules in place.

Mike

Comment

Hi, has anyone got a copy of ActEncrypt1024. I've contacted SellerDeck but had no response as yet and I have a man waiting to install the missing scripts.

Thanks
                            Regards
                            Sally

Comment

the only link I can find is on the old website and doesn't work anymore.

Try sending steve wardell a pm. I'm sure he'll know.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X