Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New customer account creation.

Hello,

I designed a dental wholesale site which allowed unregistered customers to browse our catalog and add products to the basket, then go to checkout. Once there they would be asked to create a new account - but they have still seen the products and could just put anything in the last field (a GDC number to indicate what dental practice they were) - they would then ring up as they couldn't use paypal etc to see when they could have their products. The problem is this site is just for wholesale customer but retail customers are placing orders then wanting the products at those prices. (Even though the homepage has a warning sign)

I have changed on business settings> ordering (customer account/login) and unchecked the box for 'allow orders from unreg customers'
    Also the first circle checked is ''Always create accounts for new online customers'.
    I uploaded that and now when a user clicks on the shop pages they go to the login page and get the following:

If you have an account, please login below.

Username:
    Password:

This catalog is reserved for registered customers only. To create an account please sign up as a new customer at checkout.

The problem is they cannot reach the checkout pages! Can I add in design text an url to a login page where they fill in their details which is separate from the checkout pages?

Any help much appreciated.

The customer cannot create an account when the software is set to accept orders from registered customer's only; the account needs to be created manually within the software.

Please go to 'Design | Text' click the 'Go to' button and enter: -

Phase: -1, ID: 207

and enter something like: -

This catalog is reserved for registered customers only. Please contact us to register.

as the current value.

You can however create your own form to email you the details and add a URL to this prompt within 'Design | Text'. It wil however be displayed throughout the site.

Comment

Working...
    X