Error messages on upload re images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error messages on upload re images

With one website, I am getting error messages on publishing to web. "The file referenced by the variable x for the [blank] does not exist". In each case, the image file had been renamed as it contained a mis-type, and all references to it, such as in permutation image, are the new name, and the image file exists. I cannot find a way of stopping the incorrect error messages.

Even more oddly, I started a new website, selling different products, and started with a snapshot of the above website, but removing all the products, images, etc. However, on publishing this website I get the same error messages as in the para above, even though those products and images are in no way anywhere, plus more errors messages referring to other choices/permatations and images which were on the first site but not the second. Does anybody know how I can stop these error messages? I have already made sure all content has been purged, have compacted the databases, and have refreshed.

I have no problem with images normally - it is just the few that had been renamed, and the ones that are not there at all for the second site.

Sarah

Best double-check that all references are really gone. File / Export the site to a text file. Search file for invalid names.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks but can't find

Hello Norman. Thanks for the advice. I did that. In the more extreme example, which is the website www.jillybakes.co.uk, which is about baking, the error messages on publishing refer to images and permutations of knitting wools that I have on another site whose design I used by jillybakes, but with all products, images, etc deleted and purged. I searched thoroughly through the exported date and could find nothing about knitting wools. So still a mystery.

Sarah

Comment

Are any of the default images set to the knitting site still?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

No

Hi Jan. On Jillybakes, I have no images in the Images directory or in any other directory that are for any site other than jillybakes, and likewise with other files. I cannot find anything on jillybakes in Sellerdeck that is not relevant to jillybakes. I also deleted the images of computers that come with Sellerdeck example files.

The image details that come up in the error messages refer to images on avidknit.co.uk for yarn shades, which on avidknit are used in permutation choices. I have no images in permutation choices on jillybakes.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
          X