X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving SellerDeck to another PC

Hi everyone,

I am after a little advice.

I have SellerDeck Business Plus V11 with an additional licence. The need to remove the main program from the PC it is on and relocate it onto a newer computer has come about. Are there any pitfalls that I should be aware of in attempting this?

Regards

Originally posted by Patrick Boyle View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am after a little advice.

I have SellerDeck Business Plus V11 with an additional licence. The need to remove the main program from the PC it is on and relocate it onto a newer computer has come about. Are there any pitfalls that I should be aware of in attempting this?

Regards
    If the new PC is using a differnt operating system this can have an effect on the folders that SellerDeck uses, e.g .moving from XP to Win7.

I would first back up the site(s) on the old PC (take snapshots), then install SellerDeck software on new PC, and finally import the snapshots from the old PC.

There are other methods but that is the simplest, however be aware that if you have plugins you may need to re install files especially if the plug ins use modified PERL files.

I always keep copies of old sites by zippng the complete folders just in case the snapshot does not contain everything from the old site.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Working...
    X