Upgrade from start V7 to V11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from start V7 to V11

May be useful may be not but I have a reasonably customised site in V7 Catalog plus Digital Download, and I thought I map my journey from Free Trial Download to New Site Start.

Day 1
    SIte Export > Flat File V7 - OK
    Site Import > Flat File V11 - Failed from the off "CustomeHeader" issue?

Site Snapshot Export V7 - OK
    Site Snapshot Import V11 - OK with message
    A technical update has been applied to the design layouts listed below. In all these layouts, the variable 'ProductReference' has been replaced with the variable 'ProductID' (except for where the product reference is actually shown to customers). The change is required to resolve AC8-3999 (see Release Notes).

Updated 11 Layouts:-
    Default Layouts
    Add To Cart Button Image
    Add To Cart Button
    Add To Cart Button With Cart Icon
    Display In Stock Message Only
    Display Stock Quantities
    Save Recent Product Details - Product Image
    Save Recent Product Details - Thumbnail Image
    Save Recent Product Details - Extended Info Image
    Standard Product Rate Logo
    Standard Product Feedback Table
    Javascript Product Stock Query
    More messages:
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Netbanx has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Netbanx has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Secure Trading has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Secure Trading has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of WorldPay has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of WorldPay has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Paypoint.net Payment Gateway has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Paypoint.net Payment Gateway has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Web-Merchant has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Web-Merchant has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Net4You has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Net4You has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of PlanetPayment has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of PlanetPayment has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of e-clear (UK) PLC has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of e-clear (UK) PLC has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Skypay has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Skypay has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Sage Pay has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Sage Pay has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Secure Hosting(UPG) has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Secure Hosting(UPG) has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of HSBC Secure ePayments has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of HSBC Secure ePayments has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Nochex has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Nochex has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of Paypoint.net Complete Solutions has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of Paypoint.net Complete Solutions has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of PayPal Website Payments has changed to true
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of PayPal Website Payments has changed to true
    AvailableOffline and EnabledOffline= property of StreamlineDirect/Orbit Internet has changed to false
    AvailableOnline and EnabledOnline= property of StreamlineDirect/Orbit Internet has changed to true
    More messages
    Some files were replaced during the Payment Service Providers upgrade. The existing files have been backed up. If you have customized these files you will have to re-apply those customizations.

The files that were backed up are listed in C:\Program Files\SellerDeck v11\OCCUpgrade\OCCUpgrade.log.
    The finally
    The operation was completed successfully.
    Then asked
    Use default page layout for site
    I said NO - no reason but I thought I'd see if my templates worked as is...

Then asked
    properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.
    SellerDeck created a new user variable with search option enabled.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'POPUPIMG1'. Some custom properties have the 'FileContent' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.
    SellerDeck created a new user variable with Text type.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'SECTIMAGE2'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'SECTIMAGE2'. Some custom properties have the 'FileContent' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.
    SellerDeck created a new user variable with Text type.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'SECTHDTXT'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'PRODTITLE2'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'MASHTEXT'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'SIGNTYPE'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.

There is an ambiguity when upgrading Customvar 'MASHQTY'. Some custom properties have the 'Searchable' flag ticked, some of them are unticked.
    OK, I suppose i have been lazy when updating products, thanks Sellerdeck :-)

Then Checking Themes, I got this message
    The colors in one or more images were not changed because the image in the site had been edited. The untouched images were:
    theme_navbar_background.gif
    theme_secondbar_background.gif
    theme_corporate_logo.gif
    orderb1.gif
    theme_bulk_bottom_right.gif
    hdrbg2.gif
    brochurebutton1.gif
    theme_navbar_bottom.gif
    navbg.gif
    cartb1.gif
    theme_palettebg.gif
    logo1.gif
    catalog1.gif
    theme_topbar_background.gif
    brochurecontact1.gif
    rhsbottom.gif
    brochurespecials1.gif
    brochurenews1.gif
    theme_right_border.gif
    theme_section_image.gif
    navbottom.gif
    button_checkout_special.gif
    brochurelocation1.gif
    rhsbg.gif
    section_image.gif
    button_viewcart_special.gif
    hdrbg.gif
    theme_navbar_top.gif
    theme_online_catalog_text.gif
    bk.gif
    navheader.gif
    theme_bottombar_background.gif
    ftrbg.gif
    brochurelinks1.gif
    brochurewelcome1.gif
    brochurebutton2.gif
    Sellerdeck then found some Perl script variations and stored the details here.... I didexpect that
    ..\ScriptUpgrades 11.0.3.0.0.0.MHDB.log
    Then got this
    The following template files are not part of standard SellerDeck installation.
    You need to upgrade them manually:

popup_no1.htm
    popup_no14.htm
    Act_InfoPopup.html
    My_PopupAssess.htm
    My_PopupHazardWarning.htm
    popup_a4.htm
    popup_text_lines.htm
    popup_no3.htm
    popup_landscape.htm
    My_CatalogueSectionLineImage.htm
    My_LeftImageAndText.htm
    popup_dist1.htm
    popup_portrait.htm
    popup_a3.htm
    My_PopupSelect.htm
    popup_pdf.htm
    popup_no2.htm
    popup_bs5499.htm
    My_PopupApply.htm
    popup_label.htm
    My_LeftImageAndSmallTitle.htm
    popup_no4.htm
    My_PopupDownload.htm
    My_PopupPrint.htm
    popup_laminate.htm
    Then I got a message on design Test changes - no surprises there then
    ..\DesignTextUpgrades 11.0.3.0.0.0.MHDB.log
    Ah Oh - then the biggie came with errors more than worth putting fully into quote, along the lines of:
    Failed to upgrade template 'My_Primary1(smaller font).htm' for content object 'Mandatory Exclamation'. You need to upgrade the template manually. The default layout will be used.
    Oh Boy - a couple of hourse of fun then :-((((

!!!! Simon.
    esafetysigns.co.uk
    your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
    ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
    http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Weird - The Site Snashot did not import any Digital Download Files?

But I think this is the least of my worries and while my content tree is populated, I think all of my templates are broken and my page views are blank screens.

Q. Do I

1. Re-import and select YES for using Default templates,

OR

2. Go back to my V7 Site revert it to a standard theme and remove as much customisation as i can see it with the templates mainly, and re-do the whole process again?

OR

3. Try both and see which looks like its the nearest to target?

Any experience welcomed, Simon?

P.S. I suppose I have to let go of my old site and don't mind going down the default template look - they do look a bit better than the V7 templates :-)
    esafetysigns.co.uk
    your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters

Comment

AFAIK Digital download files are not included in the snapshots as they could be massive depending on the file sizes, so think this is a case of manually placing a copy into the new site1 folder as the references should still exist.

With regards to best process for going from v7 to v11, that is many and varied but the general consensus is that reverting to a default theme once the data is into v11 and then conducting the changes you want is the best way, although some have gone the route of going through the process of each version, i.e. into v8, then into v9 and so on until they reached the latest version.

The thing to remember here which is where the majority of the template issues come from is that v7 had a completely different set of variables and layouts compared to v8 onwards, so for sites with even minimal customization its not such a quick process.

Comment

Thanks for that..... you know.... I am half tempted to start afresh.

My product Cataloge is heavily repetative, once I get the V11 framework up and running i can do a lot of COPY and PASTE and then at least I won't embed glitches for future issues.

Appreciate the head up :-)
        esafetysigns.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X