Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Qty problems with using Sage Line 50 & Product Options.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Qty problems with using Sage Line 50 & Product Options.

Hey everyone.

I need some help with our site. We are currently in the redesign process, and have started to use the product options/permutations feature, and created hidden products to enable us to have one page with the same product that comes in multiple sizes/colours.

this was all working fine on a test run, then when we have gone to import and sync the data with Sage Line 50 (making sure all stock codes are correct across both programs) it has only updated stock qty's on some products, and not a lot of others?

On checking the product codes and references are correct it all seems fine, I am struggling to find a difference between the products that have worked, and those that haven't, which is why i am here.

I am not using the web data field within sage, just simply using the product code and stock values in my sage>sellerdeck exports, which is why it seems weird.

I also get this message when i click on some of the hidden products.

Warning, you have changed the reference for this product and it's associated components/permutations. This association will be
    broken unless the components/permutations are updated with the new reference, do you wish to update them?

this happens on an import, when the stock codes etc are correct, it then removes it from the component details option screen and you have to reselect it? this still
    doesnt make it work on the next sage import.

Any help or further info would be appreciated! I don't want to go back to using our current method of having individual product pages for each colour/size just so that we can sync to Sage.

My experience

Hello Deane. I am not an expert, but am using Sellerdeck to Sage 50 and Sage 50 Sellerdeck many times a day (using Sellerdeck Link). I do not fully understand your problem, but I can tell you about our experience. We have many products which have different flavours/colours. The main visible product has a product code in Sellerdeck that is NOT in Sage. Each flavour of this product in Sellerdeck has an entry as a hidden product, and a product code which matches the product code in Sage. We have "Publish to web" ticked in the Web tab in Sage for each of the products. We export stock figures from Sage to Sellerdeck (after deliveries of more stock, and once a day to correct errors) using the Link software, and with Update checked when importing in Sellerdeck, so it just updates the stock, and the Link software was set up originally just to update stock. We export orders every few minutes from Sellerdeck to Sage, process them in Sage, and the stock in Sage is automatically allocated during this order processing. So the stock figures in Sage are always correct.

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah,

Sounds like we use Sage/Sellerdeck in the same way. We have also used it for a number of years without issue, but not using the hidden product feature, just having each individual item listed on our site separately.

Since a site design upgrade we opted to use it how you mentioned, and have it set up exactly this way, it just seems very temperamental in what products stock it chooses to update. I cannot see any differences or reason for the products that work and the ones that don't. The main visible product uses a code NOT in sage, and all the hidden ones use the exact sage product code.

The other drawback we have found is it adds the hidden product into Sage sales orders as an S1 code, and if you change any prices across your product range this has to be done manually within sellerdeck (we have around 2000 products, so if we do a company wide product price increase/decrease)

for now we are reverting back to our old method to get our new site live, and then will go in and try and update a few products at a time to use hidden products to see if that helps!

Comment

More of our experience

We have found that the only occasions that stock does not update from Sage to Sellerdeck is when we have forgotten to click Publish to Web in the web tab for the product in Sage.

If we export an order from Sellerdeck to Sage where the Sellerdeck product code cannot be found in Sage, then it comes into the Sage orders with S1 as the product code. The codes have to be entered exactly the same in both softwares. I am wondering whether there is some setting in Sellerdeck that is not allowing this to work as you wish. For example, do you have "Component as separate order line" checked in Sellerdeck?

Sarah

Comment

Hey Sarah,

publish to web is definitely checked, it is a strange one for sure. I think by getting everything working as it was before in our new site design and then adjusting each product one by one we might find the route of the issue, hopefully! as i say some update, and some do not which is very strange.

i will check into the "Component as separate order line" in Sellerdeck, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
          X