Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers are receiving email receipt for SagePay but not Paypal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers are receiving email receipt for SagePay but not Paypal??

Hi

Quick first question. How come my customers are receiving an email receipt from us when they pay using SagePay but not when they use Paypal? I've had a look in business settings but can't see anything related to emails. Anyone got any ideas?

I've just checked and in 'Business Settings->Ordering' we have 'Send Receipt Email to Customer' ticked. I can't see any other email options? I think customers are getting their Paypal receipt from Paypal but not from us.

Cheers,
    Steve

I believe sellerdeck sends the customer email when the customer returns to your website after paying.

PayPal on the other hand, likes to try and get your customer to do all kinds of other potentially revenue generating things while they have them on their site so can be a little bit reluctant to pass them back.

You should test this by placing an order yourself using paypal to pay to see what is happening.

I think you can set up paypal to automatically return customers to your site and also display a message in PayPal telling them to make sure they come back to get a receipt.

You really do want the customer to return to the receipt page as otherwise they won't get the customer email and Google analytics won't pick up the sale.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi Mike

Thanks for that! I'll give it a go.

Steve

Comment

Working...
      X