Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring after a crash

A Happy New Year to one and all!

Possibly a really stupid question - is it possible to restore a site from an old .acd then replace the contents of the folder with the 'newer' contents?

And yes, I stupidly believed my system had been backing up on a daily basis but it would appear not

Originally posted by NicolaUK View Post
    A Happy New Year to one and all!

Possibly a really stupid question - is it possible to restore a site from an old .acd then replace the contents of the folder with the 'newer' contents?

And yes, I stupidly believed my system had been backing up on a daily basis but it would appear not
    SellerDeck stores the main code in the ActinicCatalog.mdb so if you have a working current version of that you could install the old acd to a new site and then copy the files over. Doesn't always work but there is a good chance it will.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Hi Malcolm - and thanks for taking the time to reply

Support have said pretty much the same thing so I feel a bit better now

Just have some permissions issues to fix - lesson to be learned though, backup, backup, backup!!

Comment

You could do a drive search for *.acd and see if your backups are hidden somewhere else, might be worth a punt

Moleend do a free backup program for actinic where you just select the time interval and it backs up the MDB file, Personally think everyone should use it as saved my life a good few times over the years when fingers have not understood brain
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

Chris I wasn't aware Mole End had that available, I will check it out thanks

I'm all back to normal in V9 and 11 now (still have 10 to sort) and if anyone has the same problem, providing you have your data it should restore without too much hassle, just need to turn off read only on the .fil files in V11 when the software is running, also the same for the user/admin folder before launching the software for each site - so a bit repetitive but it works in the end V9 was a bit easier - guess that's due to where the files are stored in the different versions.

Comment

Working...
          X