Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recordset is Read Only - broken reference to file Dao360.dll

Recordset is Read Only - broken reference to file Dao360.dll

This is a site that has been brought kicking and screaming from v9 to v11.

Just when I thought all was well I started getting this warning - Recordset is Read Only - when trying to upload. The upload stuck and stopped at around 120 of checking files.

This happens the same on three separate machines running W7 XP and W8 respectively.

Compacted database from within the application - same problem.

Closed Actinic and did a compact and repair through Access (2003) and got this:

There are several references to Recordset is Read Only in the forum but none seem to have a satisfactory resolution and as thare are many instances in the forum one hopes that Selleredeck will come up with an explanation?
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Hello Jonathan

Suggest contacting support if not done so already, so someone can take a look at the site database for any possible corrupt entries, etc.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Solved - Curiously

Well this is curious.

The MS Access error disappeared after further compaction, but the issue with the upload sticking remained.

I have a bulk hosting account (Heart) and made an unassigned hosting for this site with a domain reference so the url was a string of numbers plus the domain reference (eg 79.170.44.130/websitename.co.uk/). I have done this many times before building a site prior to moving the domain name or changing the nameservers.

On this occasion however the site apparently didn't like it as when I created a folder on one of my 'live' testing domains it uploaded perfectly! (eg http://www.graphicz.gb.com/websitename/)

I am now happy and relaxed (!) and merely post this for reference in case it is useful.

Thank you all who looked.
      Jonathan Chappell
      Website Designer
      SellerDeck Website Designer
      Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
      Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X