Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v11 Running Very Slowly

Hi,

For the past month v11 on my laptop has started to run really slowly when trying to add or click between products. I've cleaned my laptop up as much as I can to enhance it's performance (64 bit, 4GB RAM, Intel Core2 Duo CPR Processor running Windows Vista) but it hasn't made a slight bit of difference - in fact it seems to be getting slower!

I did look up a previous thread about loading JavaScripts from external sites and have looked into the two soloutions it suggets:

1) "Look for addthis" - I couldn't find addthis bookmark on my site
    2) "I have been having the same problem with the facebook like button. Also new to Actinic but figured the fix.
    Highlight the facebook header code that you put in your layout.
    Right click and Insert block
    In the condition Editor click on the green button with + on
    scroll down the list until you see IsNotPreviewMode
    Select insert
    Select Ok in the condition editor.
    Your code will now have the block if around it." - I'm pretty sure I did this correctly but it didnt work

Does anyone know if there is anything else I could try?

Many thanks in advance,

Elissa

Originally posted by MagpieM View Post
    running Windows Vista
    Well this could be part of it.

Plus, compacting the database regularly can help with bloat.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I've been running it completely fine on Vista for the past year and a half so could it really be the issue do you think? So odd how it just started a month ago. How do you compact the database?

Thanks,

Elissa

Comment

Hi Elissa,

From the menu selection shown at the top of the SellerDeck screen, select the Housekeeping tab, and click on 'Compact Databases'

You could also perhaps try defragmenting your hard drive? I'm not overly familiar with Vista but there should be a Disk Defragmenter option in your Windows Control Panel somewhere.

When faced with a slow PC disk fragmentation is one of the first things I check, personally

In fact, it might be a good idea to download a free hard disk checker just to rule out the very real possibility of your hard drive beginning to fail

Comment

This sounds like the classic external data problem. You need to get the blockif working to stop it being loaded on the desktop.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I did do a disk defrag last week so think i've probably done as much as I can on the hard drive side? I'm terrible at code so would you mind showing me exactly where the block if needs to go? I've tried it in various places but it hasnt seemed to make a difference which makes me think I've done it wrong!

Many thanks,

Elissa

Comment

No-one can show you where to put any BlockIf's until you post a link to your site so we can see what (if any) external code you're loading.
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you, it's www.magpiemiller.co.uk

Comment

Links to external files on your Site:

assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js

platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

google-analytics.com/ga.js

Only the last one was put there by SellerDeck. The others must be custom code.

Comment

Many thanks for looking for me, yes those are the ones I found too. I followed these steps that I found on a similar post but I can't have put the code round the correct bit as it didn't make a difference...

"Highlight the facebook header code that you put in your layout.
                    Right click and Insert block
                    In the condition Editor click on the green button with + on
                    scroll down the list until you see IsNotPreviewMode
                    Select insert
                    Select Ok in the condition editor.
                    Your code will now have the block if around it."

So for example, where would the code go for Facebook on the image I've attached?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Facebook isn't relevant as it's simply a link. It doesn't load external content (as far as I can see from the tuncated image).

It's the code I mentioned in post #9 that needs fixing.

Comment

I've attached a (truncated) version of the Twitter code where it displays the Twitter Widget code. Where would you put the Blockif code on here? Many thanks
                        Attached Files

Comment

You can either put a BlockIf containing IsNotPreviewMode around the whole lump or just around the <script....></script> line.

Comment

Thank you! For Twitter, I've put it round the script part of the code. Google Analytics already had it round it but for Pinterest, I couldn’t see a script bit of code to put it round and if I put it round as a lump it makes the page icon disappears (?!)
                            Attached Files

Comment

For Pinterest you have to locate the code containing:

assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js

Your screenshots aren't much use as they only show the left hand half of the code. Much easier to copy / paste the actual HTML. Put it between [c o d e] and [/c o d e] tags (but type the c o d e without the spaces).

Comment

Working...
                              X