Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Single Use Coupon Codes causing 11.0.3 to run slowly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Use Coupon Codes causing 11.0.3 to run slowly...

We started offering customers Gift Vouchers the other day, with single use coupon codes. However as soon as these had been posted up to the site, we found that SellerDeck was running extremely slowly when you tried to add an item to the basket. In fact it ran so slowly that it initially seemed it was not adding the item at all, it just hung there so long. Eventually the item was added to the basket, but so slowly as to be of no use in the real world.

Initially we did not connect the two events, and had three people from support all helping with what seemed to be an issue with cgi bin permissions, or maybe the new router we had installed the previous day.

In the end, Dean from support remembered a previous case where someone running 11.0.3 had had the same problem when trying to offer single use coupons.

It seems to be a bug, although if so, it seems to need a very precise combination of server software and whatever else is involved, to happen.

The minute I disabled the single use coupons and removed them from the site, everything worked perfectly. Other than the fact we cannot yet offer Gift Vouchers to our customers!

Has anyone else come across this?

Hendrik

Hi Hendrik,

It might be worth getting in touch with the users from this thread:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=52883

to see if you can find some common denominator with respect to hardware, configuration, etc?

Comment

Thanks for pointing out this thread. I did not find it when I tried searching.

Comment

Great - we just had more than 24 hrs of mystery as to why our site was not adding products to cart. Support seems to be completely oblivious to the KNOWN ISSUE ! It was our host Rackspace that found the cause of the problem.

The one and only question I was asked by support was "do you host your site with us". No. Game over. And we pay for Cover. Not impressed.

Wish I had seen this post before now.

Single use coupons caused the site to stop adding to cart.

Comment

Working...
        X