unknown work being carried out on site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown work being carried out on site

Help, customer just advised me that he was unable to order on my site, when i double checked the message below is being when you add to cart, i am not aware of doing anything to cause this!!

Essential work is being carried out on the shop. It is not possible to place orders at the moment. Please try again later.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.

Can any one shed some light on this for me please.

Hi Caroline,

Your site is currently completely inaccessible. This looks like an issue for your host... who do you host the site with?

(PS: I assume your site is conceptsofperu.co.uk ?)

Comment

yes is is conceptsofperu.co.uk and alpacaknitwear.co.uk

we use actinic hosting with the support package.... ill get on to them right now.

Comment

Good idea... you can check the following page for notification of any issues at their end:

http://sellerdeck.co.uk/index.php/su...service-status

strange, cos everything is showing as up and running at the moment... but best to have a word with them first anyway, as you say

Comment

Originally posted by caroline View Post

Essential work is being carried out on the shop. It is not possible to place orders at the moment. Please try again later.

Please wait for your browser to forward you to the next page or click here.
          That is the standard wording that appears for "Catalog suspended".

Go to Business Settings | Ordering and look at the checkbox, top left.

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

thats the first thing i checked and ordering is allowed.

i tried uploading again but no good.

Comment

The site is visible again Caroline... whether or not it was offline because I viewed it as you were re-uploading, I don't know... otherwise it appears that your host is indeed working on your webspace... give it a few minutes and everything might be back to normal, although I still feel it'd be good to have a word with them to rule out anything at their end

Comment

the site generally is fine you can navigate around the products without a problem, but when you click on 'add to cart' you get the page with the message on.

Comment

It might be worth trying a full website purge and refresh. If the problem's on your side then that might well fix it

Comment

i'll try a purge...

i have called sellerdeck support, they are goping to take a look at the snapshot and get back to me.

Update:

just tried a purge and upload = no good.
                    Last edited by caroline; 11-Feb-2013, 01:26 PM. Reason: update message

Comment

i purged from the housekeeping menu and uploaded again from the toolbar.

Comment

The link from the Help - Troubleshooting menu does a fuller and more complete purge and refresh. That's the one you need to use to try and fix this. It's more effective than the one you've already tried.

Help - Troubleshooting - Web Site Purge and Refresh

Do a backup first... fingers crossed

Comment

yep! thats fix it. Thank you so much.

Now i have managed to undo the change i made to the top left image (not the logo) whilst tring to change the immage used for the 'add to cart' button!!! GRRR!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X