Bounce after entering coupon code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce after entering coupon code

I have coupon entry code on the shopping cart page.
    When a code is entered the shopper is then bounced back to the last called page before adding to cart. (There is no no bounce on adding to cart - the shopper is just taken to the cart page).

My client would like ot be able to simply refresh the shopping cart page instead so that the discount then shows.

Does anyone know how this can be achieved please?
    Perhaps a way to change the bounce to be fixed to go to the cart page instead?

This is the site: http://goo.gl/k9uU1

Does anyone know if the bounce is defined/controlled in ShoppingCart.pl (ie actioned in ca000001.pl)?

Comment

See: http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=14120
      Peblaco

Comment

I missed that one - thanks Louise. I'll check it out.

Comment

Which button is the customer using after entering the code on the cart?

The continue shopping button ( or has it been given a different name) will take the customer back to the page they were on.

The update button will accept the coupon code but stay on the cart page.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Good point Mike.I'll see if that's possible.
            The code used is the coupon entry code from the homepage but now positioned above the form tags for the cart contents.

Comment

If you go to the last tab on the discounts / coupons section you can tick the box to have the coupon box appear in the cart. Then it has the options as described above and you could always replicate the 'update' button to say 'apply coupon' or whatever.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
              X