Coupon Code lost on SSL Checkout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon Code lost on SSL Checkout

Am I doing something wrong or is this the way it's supposed to (not) work?

I've created a coupon code for a free product. That works fine, and you can test it by following this link: Link removed as no longer needed.

The trouble is that as soon as you go to checkout the coupon discount is no longer applied.

This only happens if I have the checkout on SSL (which I do). I've tested it by removing SSL on checkout and then it works fine. But there's no reason why it shouldn't work on SSL as everything else does, so it looks to me like a bug.

I know it's debatable whether SSL on checkout is an actual help or not so let's try and keep the focus on whether there's anything else that can be done to fix it.

Thanks

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Seems to work for me. Checkout shows a NETQUOTEVAR on the page.
    Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise,

Oddly it appears to work in IE and Firefox but not in Chrome. I've tried resetting Chrome but still see the same problem. Can you try again and see if it works for you in Chrome?

The rogue netquotevar only appears in Firefox. I'll have a look at that.

Mike

Comment

The checkout and coupon works okay for me in Chrome. I get the NETQUOTEVAR in Chrome too.
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise,

I've cleared my Chrome cookies and cached data and now it works OK.

Oddly, before I only saw the netquotevar in Firefox but now it's in Chrome too so I'll try and track it down.

Mike

Comment

OK. It took me a while to track down the rogue netquotevar but I think I know what it is.

It appears to be coming from the scripts and I believe might be a long standing bug as I have found reference to it from before (but in a different context).

In essence, if you have a valid cart but a total cost of 0 (zero) then the scripts return the total as 'NETQUOTEVAR:TOTAL'.

As long as there's something else in the cart other than the 100% discounted product then the total appears correctly. If you only have the discounted product then you get the rogue message.

Anyone know a solution?

Mike

PS. I do see that the viewable cart in checkout doesn't display the 'total' line when the total is zero thus hiding the message problem. I can't see where this is controlled from but that might be an option here. Just hide/replace the total variable when it's zero.

Comment

The rogue netquotevar when the total is zero has been confirmed as a bug.

The coupon is working in the checkout with SSL.

Thanks for all the help.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X